Join now - be part of our community!

TTL cable for a77

profile.country.en_GB.title
UKstu99
New

TTL cable for a77

Im wanting to do off camera high speed sync from a distance so wanted to know if I can splice a TTL Flash Cable FA-CC1AM and add in some cat5 cable and still retain the HSS ttl functionality. Id be using an A77 and hvl f58 or f60.

8 REPLIES 8
UKstu99
New

Nobody any clue about this?

Mick2011
New

Sounds like a hard way of going about it... if I understand correctly, you're setting up the flash a small distance from the camera but you want to trigger it from a greater distance to both?

I'd personally look at something like Radiopopper ( http://www.radiopopper.com/ ) but obviously there's an outlay there.

Splicing cables is not really my area of expertise – and I suspect not many other visitors here would have a clue either! Have you tried an electronics forum?

Mick

UKstu99
New

Thanks for replying Mick, but it seems that radiopopper dont actually offer a sony fit option. The extended cable seems like it would be the ONLY option for using high speed sync off camera at a distance of about 20 metres?

UKstu99
New

Its funny, Ive emailed this question to Sony themselves but the guy Im discussing it with just doesnt seem to understand. I have made a drawing of what i wish to achieve, hopefully someone can help me understand how..

Just for the record, I already have and know how to use radio triggers...its transmitting HSS info im interested in.

ThanksHSS drawing.jpg

Message was edited by: UKstu99

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

Sony offers some extension cables for the flash cables but usually you only should combine a maximum of 4. This is

• a.) too short
  • b.) getting expensive....

You will have to use 3rd party radio trigger like this one mentioned before. They say they are working on a compatibiltiy update to support SLT 77 and alike

Best Regards

Michael

UKstu99
New

Yeah I read that too Michael, thanks for your reply. Ill just be patient for now : )

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

Hi, good news at last:

This new and advanced radio controller will work, including TTL&HSS

http://www.phottix.com/en/studio-accessories/phottix-odin-ttl-flash-trigger-for-sony.html

some user discussion:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/sony_alpha/discuss/72157632252019068/

Best regards

Michael

UKstu99
New

Excellent find Michael, thanks a lot for sourcing this for me...its quite a pricey option but its great knowing that the option is there if and when i will need it.

thanks.

FYI Sony support sent me an email back saying that it was not possible to do what I was wanting to haha. I think that it was the individual assigned that was not understanding the problem thoroughly, as I had to re-explain myself four times. lol.

once again, thanks for your help.

Stuart Henderson