Join now - be part of our community!

Warning - alpha 300 power up problem!

profile.country.en_GB.title
topsyturv
Visitor

Warning - alpha 300 power up problem!

While in the middle of a holiday I dropped the battery from my alpha 300 onto the floor when removing to recharge. After recharging the camera refused to power up. As the camera lives by my side all the time I bought a cheap point and shoot for the rest of the holiday and bought a used body from Ebay. This worked perfectly until I put the battery I had dropped into it. Then my new camera would not power up!

I cured the new camera with a hard reset (take out battery and memory card, switch on and hold shutter for 60 seconds). This did not cure the original camera. I tried this several times and it seems the the battery I dropped appears to infect other cameras with the 'non power up' infection.

Moral: Don't move batteries from camera to camera!

There's no point sending my original camera back to Sony as they will charge more just to look at it than a used body will cost.

There is a lot on the internet about Sony power up problems, perhaps why Sony seem to be losing ground in the market place. Shame as I have had good service from my four previous Sony models.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

John

Message was edited by: topsyturv

0 REPLIES 0