Join now - be part of our community!

When are third party FE-lenses coming?

mariuswm

When are third party FE-lenses coming?

I love my A7 with the Zeiss 35mm.

But I wish there was more full frame optics available. Perhaps a bit cheaper too.

Are Sigma and Tamron launching any FE-optics within the near future soon?

14 REPLIES 14
mariuswm

From what I hear in my country, the A7 has been a gigantic sales success, and it would really surprise me if this is not prioritized in the optics business.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hmm well it may be some time before other companies change thier mind. Sigma I know at the end of 2013 had no desire to make any FE lenses and out of all the third party companies, they are the only other brand I use and would have expected to join the lens list but maybe they will have plans for this year or next depending on how sales continue.

If you look at the premium lenses FE lenses, they are not cheap so i suspect profit margins are not as large vs standard lenses. I would be surprised if Sigma/Tamron etc actually do start down the route of releasing FE lenses anytime soon. I would be glad if they did since Sigma have made some nice lenses in the past and still do.

profile.country.NO.title
photosonic
Enthusiast

I've mentioned earlier that samyang is releasing five lenses for the FE mount.

The 85mm f 1.4 is now available according to Sonyalpharumors.

And there will be four more lenses for the FE mount to come.

mariuswm

TOo bad Samyang is a cheap brand which only rebuilds existing SLR lenses. 

mariuswm

I wish Sony would announce the coming FE lenses of this year soon. 

I think there is little to chose from at this point, and I´m hesitant with buying the 24-70mm.