Join now - be part of our community!

Why do I get a duplicate picture in a seperate folder?

profile.country.en_GB.title
pink-kel
Visitor

Why do I get a duplicate picture in a seperate folder?

Hi, every time I save a photo on my laptop, it makes a duplicate copy and gives it a seperate folder.

I must have changed the setting on something but I don't know what as it hasn't always done this.

Can anyone help by telling my how I can stop this as it is clogging up my laptop with unwanted folders and photo's.

thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello pink-kel :slight_smile:

If you can provide some extra info I can try and help. How are you saving photos / transferring them from your camera i.e. what software are you using? Is it a Sony camera with Picture Motion Browser?

Thanks

Simon

pink-kel
Visitor

Hi Simon, I either transfer from my sony ericcson phone using media go or pc companion or download from facebook to save them on my computer and it happens either way. Is there a setting somewhere to copy all pictures in a seperate folder cause i've looked through folder options and can't see one.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

If you are using Windows, I would suggest connecting the camera phone to your PC and then using the file explorer (My Computer etc.) to manually drag and drop the photos individually into the folder on your hard drive to see if this solves the problem. Sometimes, using third party software can complicate the process and a box left ticked somewhere can lead to this 'duplication' - all the more annoying if you can't find out where this box is!

When connecting it to your PC, it should appear as it's own drive which you can explore and retrieve photos from.

Thanks,

Simon

Amcamoldie
Visitor

I have a DSC HX1 camera and use PMB and I am finding that every time I open PMB I have extra copies of pictures and videos added to the already imported pictures. It is very annoying having to go through all my imports to delete these extras.

I do not have an answer to the problem but just thought you would like to know you are not on your own.

There is of course the other annoying problem with PMB of not being able to Copy and Paste.

tripodzid
Visitor

That happens in all digital cameras, right? And when you tried to delete the copy on the different folder, that certain file will be broken.

Business is the game!!