Join now - be part of our community!

100hertz Sony TV 55 “

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
pecartl30
Explorer

100hertz Sony TV 55 “

My new Sony is supposed to be 100-400 hertz but where the plug socket goes into the tele it says 50Hertz and the picture is good but nothing like it was in store. Have I received a different tv

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
pecartl30
Explorer

MY SAT DISH IS A SKY DISH SO HAS 2 CONNECTORS TO PLUG INTO A SKY BOX. MY TV ONLY HAS 1 CONNECTOR SO DO I JUST CONNECT 1 CABLE FROM THE DISH?

profile.country.GB.title
pecartl30
Explorer

SO AS THE REP SAID THE TV IS SUPPOSED TO BE 400HERTZ  SO HES BEING TRUTHFUL ?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@pecartl30 wrote:

MY SAT DISH IS A SKY DISH SO HAS 2 CONNECTORS TO PLUG INTO A SKY BOX. MY TV ONLY HAS 1 CONNECTOR SO DO I JUST CONNECT 1 CABLE FROM THE DISH?

Yes. And if you can’t get any channels on it, try the other one.

NB: By convention, using all caps is SHOUTING, and best avoided, unless you really are shouting.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

As has been said above, the TV takes in mains at 50Hz, runs its panel at 100Hz (correction: 50Hz), and offers MotionFlow interpolation at 400Hz.

So unless he claimed that the panel runs at 400Hz, yes, he was being truthful.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hey @royabrown2,

either that or the Rep has no idea about TV tech.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@pecartl30 wrote:

I WAS TOLD THAT I HAD PURCHASED A 400 HERTZ TV.SONY BRAVIA KD-55XF759 6  HOWEVER THE DOCUMENTS TELL ME AT FULL RESOLUTION 4096 X 2160P  ITS ONLY 50-60HERTZ . IT DOES HAVE SONY MOTIONFLOW. HAVE I BEEN DUPED OR IS THIS TV INDEED 400 HERTZ. THERE IS NOTHING EITHER IN DOCUMENTATION OR PACKAGING TO CONFIRM BUT THE ONLY REFERENCE IS TO THE POWER PLUG AT 50-60 HRTZ AND THEN WHAT I HAVE SHOWN ABOVE. CAN ANYONE HELP? THANKS

400Hz mains is sadly unavailable in the UK, or even in the US, so Sony are unavoidably restricted to the 50Hz AC coming out of the mains in the UK, and 60Hz elsewhere. But worse, the power comes out of the brick at 0Hz (DC).

However, here is the spec for this TV, which quotes:-

MOTION ENHANCER      Motionflow™ XR 

(NATIVE HZ)                     400Hz (Native 50Hz)

So there’s your 400Hz, right there, and the native 50Hz it looks like the panel actually runs at.

i.e. It looks like he gave you both numbers, correctly.

But I don’t know where you got that 100Hz for the panel from......

profile.country.GB.title
pecartl30
Explorer

Sorry no intention of shouting. I just had the caps locked on on my laptop. 

Thank you you for your help.