Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Android TV - Blank Screen issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

2015 Android TV - Blank Screen issue

Hi all

Im creating a breakaway thread for this particular issue -away from the general chatter thread. 

In a nutshell, Sony require more information from the community in order to diagnose and ultimately find a solution.

Questions:

1. What model TV does this occur on
  2. Does it happen on certain connected devices or just viewing tv (Freeview)
  3. If so, what devices (make/model) and how is it connected to the TV.
  4. What other devices do you have connected to the TV - HDMI or ?
  5. Have you identified a pattern for when this happens or is it seemingly random

I know some of you have answered this before, so appologies - the more people that can provide information, the quicker and more likely it can be resolved.

Thanks all.

85 REPLIES 85
Janekch

1. 55x8509

2. Satellite tuner CAM card inserted to CI slot. After 1 hour of using TV  picture started flickering and audio lags. After few minutes screen is getting black, audio was working. I could not reset TV was unresponsive, I had to unplug TV. It happened two times last weekend.

5. First time last weekend

profile.country.GB.title
Gpevans99

1. X8509c

2. Free view and BT box

3. BT box

4. BT box and Now tv box

5. Random can happen when turning on no picture or sound or when turning off picture goes off and sound remains on

tikarad
Explorer

What model TV does this occur on.   KD 49x8307
Does it happen on certain connected devices or just viewing tv (Freeview).   Freeview
If so, what devices (make/model) and how is it connected to the TV.  None
What other devices do you have connected to the TV - HDMI or ?   None
Have you identified a pattern for when this happens or is it seemingly random. Have this television for 2 weeks,this happend once while watching Tv, sound is on with black screen. Resolve it with power cable switch off and on after 1 minute

deko_kal
Explorer

1. KD43X8308
  2. it happens on certain connected devices
  3. dreambox-media player-usb keybord-dvd player
  4. seemingly random

This needs sorting out before I seriously throw this TV out of the f@#$%# window. I cannot believe I have paid £900 for this piece of low grade excrement.  On top of this I have 75 percent of the other 15 'faults'.

DID ANYONE AT SONY TEST THIS BEFORE IT WENT TO MARKET!? MY GRAN COULD OF TESTED IT BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

profile.country.GB.title
Gpevans99

happened again this morning, rebooted works, getting a tad frustrating, completely random

profile.country.GB.title
Dithian
Explorer

1/ KD 43C8309C

2/ Freeview

3/ n/a

4/ Pioneer 545HX HDD DVR - HDMI

5/ Random.  

calumblair
Explorer

Hi,

I have this issue on KD 49 X8305C TV (4k). It's happening more and more frequently on normal Freeview TV viewing (standard coax Aerial connection). Doesn't seem to be a patter .....other devices are connected e.g. Sony Bluray theatre system but this occurs even if the TV is standalone.

calumblair
Explorer

Should also have mentioned the sound is playing absolutely fine while the screen is blank, but the remote is totally unresponsive. Only way to fix is to turn off the mains and power-cycle.

SonyMP99
Explorer

My TV has this problem.

1. KD-55X8509C

2. Happens when watching TV

3. Playstation 4 is connected to the TV.

4. No other devices

5. No pattern. It's happened three or four times when turning the TV off