Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Android TV - Network Attached Drive

MaxUHD

2015 Android TV - Network Attached Drive

Hello All,

Just bought a KD-49X8307C which arrived this morning.

Did the software upgrade right away, which took a while but went smoothly.

The TV seems fine so far, the UI is smooth and responsive and naturally the picture is fabulous and low light checks do not reveal any dreaded backlight bleed. No crashes or glitches so far.

I have installed Kodi which runs fine and sees the HDD connected via the USB3 port.

However, I was wondering if there is some setting or app I need to configure so the HDD is visible across my network from a PC? Would be useful to be able to drop files onto that drive over the network. So any tips or suggestions gratefully accepted. Cheers!

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there

The TV is a DLNA renderer.  In order to be able to view over the network the TV must be a DLNA server - which is not what TVs are designed for.

However, i waw wondering if you could install/use an app from the play store in order to do what you require.  If you download a DLNA server app and install it (search play store yo find one suitable) - you will probably need to install another app callled SideLoader.  Also, you will need to download then via a web browser and not the playstore app on the tv.

I can only suggest you try it.  Please post back on how it went.

Cheers