Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV google cast issue

SOLVED
simeon.mcgri
Explorer

2015 Bravia Android TV google cast issue

Hi

Google cast stoped working after latest software update. I tried to power reset and storage reset,but it didn't help.

The tv is connected to router via wire.  My PC and sony z3 can't find google cast 😞

Anyone?

56 REPLIES 56
amphibird
Explorer

Strangely, my TV appears as an available chomecast device only when it has been turned off/in standby mode for a while (~10 mins). An attempt to stream a video wakes the TV up, and for a brief period everything seems to be working just fine. Soon after the picture freezes and everything stops working again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

Csn someone test casting.  I recieved information from another Expert that its working, as well as @motty79 also saying that its working.

Cheers

Ps: through tinkering, ive screwed up my cast settings :wink:

motty79
Explorer

Yes my cast receiver app just updated to version 1.16.45911 and it works OK for me now. Before this updated it definitely didn't work

profile.country.GB.title
Shalendran

Hi all,

I got the casting to work again. As soon as I updated the Google play App in the TV, I am able to Cast again. I can cast from Memopad as well as my iphone as before the 13th October update.

I hope everyone tries this.

john.pringle

How do you update casting app on tv mine is still on1.1538401. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad
Henke30
New

Hi,

I have the same issue on my KDL-50W755C Bravia - after recent update chrome cast stopped working - cannot see my TV on Windows PC, Telephone or Tablet...

My cast receiver app is already updated to version 1.16.45911, but this is still not working, anybody got any news on this?

I see that some of you got lucky with app updates....

KR

Henrik

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Check for google cast updates in Google Play store. This fixes the issue.

profile.country.SE.title
Eban65

Thanks Sony.

You work weekends after all, if needed.

My confidence in you is now partly restored.

Better information next time and everything is ok.

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

@Anonymouswrote:

Hi guys

Csn someone test casting.  

Please to say that my cast receiver app updated to version 1.16.45911 and it works OK for me also now.

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
profile.country.GB.title
Shalendran

Mine started to work after updating Google play.