Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
danielbeyzade

Also 

I can then track how many complaints have been made and post back. When I have been speaking with Sony about this they have said I am the only person to have complained about this, so I am very keen to prove them wrong.

//Edited by Quinnicus to remove personal information

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, I have a solution for PaP and even 4K 3D -SBS (if you can go cross eyed)

_20151104_131949.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danielbeyzade - im sorry, but i have removed your email address as its personal info.  You can use Private messages though.

Cheers

danielbeyzade

PM me for my email address to copy me, I already have several complaints in my inbox

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

I got another update today. Android is upgrading again.

Hopefully this will sort out its constant crashing

kind regards

richard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Just to clarify - the update today is for YouView.  No other bug fixes or issues are resolved in this update.  

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
fether
Explorer

hi guys witch button do you press on remote to save to fav's in kodi

kind regards

fether

dataghost
Explorer

Well its still the same old Android powered TV it was before todays update (yes I know there were no bug fixes this time).

Tried to turn TV off, picture went off, sound kept going.  Remote did nothing and even the buttons on the back of the set failed to do anything:

https://youtu.be/sowRubJE02c

Please leave comments and experiences on the vid so that other potential buyers can be warned. 

Amo1972
Explorer

Hi Everybody,

I wish I had read this thread prior to going to Currys and forking out loads of money on a 49KD49X8309 TV.

I have had the TV less than 7 days. So far I have had to switch it off the mains around 5 times due to the following issues.

1. Remote did not switch off tv - Picture went off but sound still coming through.

2, Could not switch from TV to Xbox - no pic but had sound

Spoke to Sony - told me to hold remote off button for 6 seconds causing a power cycle.

Did that - no remote issues since then, i also resynched my Virgin remote.

3. Tried to play AVI movie via USB, TV made horribel screeching sound and message came up saying could not open/play file although the movie did not come up for 3 seconds.

4. I tried to change back to TV and  the picture came up but no sound - same for Xbox.

Did a sound/pic test - all ok

powered off mains - all sprung back into life. 

I am in the process of doing a sw upgrade. I will monitor for next 24 hours and if I have to power cycle again - the thing is going back straight into the box and returned to Currys.

I am convined it is SW/FIrmware Issue....

Any thoughts welcome?

Amo1972
Explorer

System update completed - I am now on pkg2.623.0052EUB