Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.en_GB.title
orangeyred

@BHolla47 You mention several times you've screwed it in tightly.  How tight are we talking?  It could be that it's been over tightened.  I wouldn't tighten it to the maximum of your strength.

BHolla47
Explorer

Tight enough so that when I rotate the screwdriver it wont budge unless I use unnecessary force.

mk1.golf.1983

Are the flat portions on the stand where the uprights mount to parallel to the surface the stand sits on? Are the uprights perpendicular to the surface the stand sits on? 

cozzykim

I noticed when I assembled the stand on my 55X8509 that it leaned forwards a little, the answer was to loosen the screws slightly while holding the TV steady, to allow the supports to slide up slightly and butt up against the base of the TV.

That stopped the wobble. The problem was a slight gap between the base of the TV and the supports.

HTH

cozzykim

I know it's not likely to happen, but it'd be great to be able to pair Bluetooth headphones with these TVs.

I've got a fantastic pair of Jaybird Bluebuds that I'd like to use when the wife goes to bed early and I can watch action/scifi/horror.

profile.country.GB.title
ZombieFried777

@cozzykim maybe treat yourself to a sound bar with Bluetooth and hook your headphones up to that.

cozzykim

I've got an HT-XT1 under the TV, but  like the TV, I think it only does Bluetooth inputs, not outputs. :slight_frown:

mcored
Explorer

Great idea creating a generic thread for Android TV (2015) edition. We have the first generation TVs and I hope this thread will be useful for Sony and Google developers to read and address these in Android TV.

I bought two TVs of 49 Inch 4K Ultra HD LED Smart with Android TV - Model: KD49X8300C on 13 August 2015.

* After a few days, Youtube playback was stuttering. I had to factory reset both TVs.

* Some of my videos do not play in Video app. The video codec is MPEG4 Video (H264).

* Could not find a way to browse DLNA devices
 * TV is playing a TV channel. I used the mobile phone to go to YouTube and cast it to the TV. I started hearing both the TV channel sound and the YouTube sound. Has this happened to you? I am running the latest software update. After the factory reset, I have not tested again.

My touch remote for 2nd TV never worked and a technician will be troubleshooting it next Monday.

Sdroid

It's certainly not underpower when streaming UHD on Netflix, I'm gonna test a UHD file from the usb later [img]http://i.imgur.com/dDPF8an.jpg[/img]
cozzykim

Thanks for the pic Sdroid, very interesting.:smileycool: