Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

Pictures - advance settings - adv. contrast enhancer - off

that should stop the dimming in low lit film parts!

keithkbrown
Explorer

Thanks for the hint. We bought a sound bar along with the tv but haven't plugged it in as we thought we'd get the tv working first.

Keith

moctey
Explorer

My new tv is 49XC8309C

I have my CAM CI+ module which is sometimes displaying a partially decoded channel all in green but always works fine on my other sony TV. I must do a hard reset to make it work when it does that... it's sooooo annoying.

Other issue is I can switch from satellite FRANSAT to freeview aerial easily but to got back to FRANSAT on the CAM CI+ module I have to go in the settings are restart a satellite auto tunning. it's soooooo annoying.

Really disappointed that it is always a nightmare with sony when you try to mix two sources of digital TV.

Except that android TV is promising but clearly not optimised. The problem is that most people will want to use only TV+Netflix+Amazon and doesn't want to see and be slowed down by the rest. 

Integrated chromecast is surprisingly good. Faster than the chromecast.

Always a nightmare? Explain??
We use satellite and cable on our 4K sets in store, not a single problem
with channels, guide or when switching between satellite or cable. Nor in
the 2012, 2013 or 2014 models with satellite
moctey
Explorer

What satellite are you using. I am using a CAM ci+ for fransat and this is
what Sony is struggling to support

Thor satellite / Canal Digital with CAM CI+

cozzykim

@trickytree1984

This is interesting

"

• 4K PROCESSOR X1: Watch everything with stunning clarity, colour & contrast.
  • ANDROID TV: All the personalization, intelligence and entertainment of your smartphone, on the big screen.
  • Motionflow XR 200Hz: Reduced blur and judder. Smoother images, whatever you watch.
  • YouView: Catch up TV from BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD and Demand 5. Easily search for the shows you love with the seven day scroll back TV guide.
  • Playstation Now: PS3 gaming on your TV, No Discs, No Consoles, just connect a PS4 controller"

It doesn't say "coming after an update", so it's either got new firmware already, or Amazon are potentially heading for a world of pain. :anguished:

profile.country.SE.title
mrcodec
Explorer

I talked to the support in Sweden and the staff there had a date in the middle of october 14th when the new update that hit the Us first will be released in Europe, this update will fix some of the problems apperantly but it is not the "new" android os it is only a incremental fix.. I also mentioned to them that they should have some kind of presens here at the forum aswell.

alex13p
Explorer

Please could someone who has been active on this thread provide an update on the latest and what's been discussed. I'm having many of the same issues but don't have time to read 155 pages of replies :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!