Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
Heckie

I have a 50W809C.

Casting worked fine from Now TV (watched Walking Dead with no issues), but when I tried casting Google Play Movies - the picture was fine but the audio was playing much faster - sounding like a phone call in an old cartoon!

I havent tried it again since to check if it was a one off.

lesking70

I have the 55X8507C just done a full reset and install everything is fine but have now lost the cast feature also! But the tv is found as a remote player for streaming 

Heckie

Cast version 1.16.43955

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

@rdlowry my 43w805c has that version of GoogleCast, My TV did work after the update, but NOT after a power cycle. Take Care not to reboot or you might loose it. I have a few devices that will cast, none of the see the TV anymore. They will cast to a ROKU box I have in another room. 

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
Debbi.R
Explorer

Thanks, David. This solution is still the only one that works despite this being my second firmware update and vainly hoping that Sony would get its act together and resolve the server issues and/or produce correct firmware packaging and instructions online or via its contact centre.

profile.country.GB.title
tennysonman

Have you tried a factory reset since updating?

motty79
Explorer

@frogger38 I have the same TV as you and the same issue. It was working OK after the update but after a reboot it doesn't cast anymore. I've tried clearing cache and data for casting receiver but that doesn't fix it. 

EggDublin

@NicolaiLarsen91 Thanks for that Sony update and I imagine it will be the same across all the EU. 

I'll check my cast version when I get home later.

gunit1978
Explorer

43w805c here too, updated, factory reseted and now no cast, only casts from samsung s5 video/photo gallery nothing else, this was one of the things that did work perfect before the update, used to cast from chrome, fb and youtube 

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

@theshamelessmanc Mine is a 43w805c. It DID cast OK after the update, the set soon became slow and unresponsive and I had to power cycle it. After then the GoogleCast stopped being available on

the network. I have since tried everything inc. a full factory reset but it will not work. 

I see on the dedicated thread on this forum, someone has a response from Sony saying it is an issue and they can reproduce it in the lab. 

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.