Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
malcolm1962

@elraouk wrote:
Gigabit switch / router / cables mean nothing if the TV's ethernet port has a max 100mbps 

I understand that, but as others have already said subsequently it matters not one jot whether you have a 600 mbps wifi connection if the 100 mbps ethernet card (which I didn't fully appreciate was the limitation of the card installed) can comfortably handle anything that can be downloaded / played on the TV, NAS included

Kevwoods12

Who needs ethernet cables all over. I use wifi,  45-50 meg Bt infinity,  and I can stream 4K Netflix all day without a blink. 

profile.country.FI.title
markom80
Explorer

Did i find a new bug?

I watched a tv and pressed action button. There were lot of new menus. There were some media buttons and rec was also in there.

After reboot these new menus were lost. Was this Sony's teaser from new upcoming features? :grin:

profile.country.GB.title
andipr

Action button menu's including Rec has been there for ages - Rec didn't do anything last time I checked.

Some other useful functions in there though.

My Model KD43X8309CBU
profile.country.GB.title
Shalendran

@markom80

I too noticed this problem today. The action menu was working even after the october update. But yesterday i switched off the TV at the mains. Ever since none of the action menu commands work. Also i have lost connection to my home cinema system.

profile.country.GB.title
Shalendran

@haberdavid

Hi there is an adjust available in the 'action menu' in the picture settings to adjust the motion flow. You may try that. At the moment my 'action menu' has stopped working and hence i am not able to guide you any better.

profile.country.GB.title
Folkfanger

Hi Nicolai. I've tried the usb update 3 times now including redownloading the file and using different usb sticks. No luck. It gets to 78% on the status bar, switches off and back on twice then goes to TV all within 3 minutes. Without showing a confirmation. 

I check the version. No change 2.257. Looks like I can't update by either method. Think I'll send it back and ask for a refund. Cost far too much to be a lame duck. 

Nick10k
Explorer

There is a method to updating that is the only way that worked for me. It's
posted earlier in the thread . You need to put two copies on the sick,
rename one and and put it into usb 2 socket. I can't remember the other
name you need to rename it to but you might find it searching the thread.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Folkfanger - i have sent you a Private Message in regards to updating the fw on your tv.  Please let me know if it works.

Cheers

rdlowry

Here's a link to the earlier post relating to updating the firmware via USB
https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-bravia-android-tv-issues/m-p/1974762/highlight/true...