Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
wills_b

I'd take it back if you can mate. I think it's becoming increasingly suspect that the hardware is not sufficiently powerful for the jobs it was intended, and Sonys plans were half baked at release (at best). What the final product will ever look like is anyone's guess. I'm trying to get mine taken back, with limited success. I'd not take the risk myself but obviously has to be everyone's own decision.
dabaldw48

So – Sony sent me a customer satisfaction questionnaire to fill out regarding how they dealt with the complaints I had raised regarding my Android TV. Included was the email address of Kris de Pauw who is one of the executives in Sony Europe. So - when I wrote back with some pretty damming feedback re the way Sony have handled this whole saga and in particular how a certain lady in the exec support office had not returned complaint emails, I got an email back from the said lovely lady in the Sony exec support office complaining that I had ‘upset’ her with my feedback! Unbelievable.
dabaldw48

I sent my Android TV back a few weeks ago and exchanged if for LG. Glad I did.  Sony know about all these issues and have had numerous (I would guess 100's) complaints. 

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

@danielbeyzade I have sent you a PM.. 

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

@fether And others, you can disable Youview in channel settings. The Tv then uses the old guide. 

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
danielbeyzade

Just an update. I have had a few users send their complaint regarding YouView satellite and HD recording not working in combination using my template. Please can anyone else wanting to join this PM me so I can give my email to CC. The more users we have demanding an official response the better our chances.

Kevwoods12

I'm not sure if it's me being thick,  but the YouView guide that I have has only about 6 channels? I've got bbc 1 and 2 hd,  ITV hd,  cbbc hd and channel 4hd, no channel 5. Also a couple of red button channels.  That's it,  a the other freeview channels seem to be missing.  

I'm at work now so will have another pop tomorrow,  but has anyone else seen this? 

nodrog47
Explorer

If you disable youview do you still have access to itv player,all4 and demand 5 and  satellite function restored.This is the setup I would prefer but I,m not a technical and dread having to try and get everything back as it was if I attempt to disable youview.

Kevwoods12

Try it mate. I think once it's been set up and enabled it's just a matter of on or off in the digital channels menu. 

fxfxfxfxfx

I only use a satellite connection as tv aerial signal is not good here. I can use YouView, it just doesn't show the live TV.

What I am totally miffed about is that I've lost all my satellite channels and the option to perform a "Satellite Set-up" is now greyed out?! Have they REMOVED this function?

I'll be taking this TV back tomorrow if this is the case. Anyone else have this problem?