Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
Twobins

Still looking for a Panny 40" 802 at the right price to replace my Sony 43X. When I speak to shop staff the first TV they recommend is the Sony and many are surprised when I mention how poor Android performs. I suppose in the shop they don't do much channel changing and many customers who have bought, use external boxes such as Sky, Youview or Humax. Black Friday reductions have cleared many of these Sonys from the shelves. Its only a matter of time before many show up here looking for advice.

profile.country.GB.title
fether
Explorer

i feel i have to say i had this tv for 3 week and i have add none the the problems that have been posted on this forum i feel people are either very picky or unlucky.

as for the android side ov the tv works brilliant and all my app work very well including kodi

i think the tv is exellent for all my needs

regards

scoopy6

We felt something like that, but yesterday the Tv would not display any channels after coming out of standby, which required getting out of bed  to fix by unplugging from the mains!

Whether recording is provided on Christmas Eve or not, this and the strange occasional slow-downs and general tackiness just should not still be present...if it had been a car it would have been recalled, and it is quite dangerous at my age to get out of bed

49X8309C in uk
profile.country.GB.title
nodrog47

Hi xx4LOMxx,

sent pm 

cozzykim

This is getting beyond a joke.

Just put the TV on to watch Freesat Humax HDR (which was already booted and running) and the TV rebooted for no reason after about 20 minutes.

I don't think that a broad platform OS like Android is suitable for a TV, it needs a purpose built OS to be stable.

We're getting closer and closer to returning this TV, even though we're out of the 90 day JL return period.

Thinking of a Samsung 55JU7000 or similar.

profile.country.GB.title
Folkfanger

@fether wrote:

i feel i have to say i had this tv for 3 week and i have add none the the problems that have been posted on this forum i feel people are either very picky or unlucky.

as for the android side ov the tv works brilliant and all my app work very well including kodi

i think the tv is exellent for all my needs

regards

Give it time.

SingingDwarf

@fether Maybe you are just lucky!?

john.pringle

Or you are just unlucky. Mine works fine too Sent from my iPad
Breezer23
Explorer

My TV (XBR-65X850C) had been working great since Sony replaced it under warranty but one of the recent updates seems to have broken 3D. No 3D Blurays work. TV auto recognizes and turns on 3D but it isn't working with the glasses. Glasses worked fine on the past. I even bought new ones and replaced batteries. Factory reset didn't fix it either. 

I wish they'd just give me my money back. 

Kevwoods12

For what it's worth theres5a stability update coming before December 8th. The bad news is that HD recording and pip/pap has been put back to Feb 29th next year. 

Yes,  February 2016.

No words...