Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
mk1.golf.1983

This morning when I turned on my KDL43W755C I was greeted with a flashing red light, it would blink 6 times pause then blink 6 times and so on. The joke tv would then turn on when the power/standby button was pressed on the remote. Upon start up the android logo appeared suggesting that the system has rebooted. This is the 2nd time this has happened, the first about 1 month ago. The tv has a hdd attached and the joke tv seems to be working ok! (as well as these joke tv's work anyway). Has anyone else experienced this or have any information? Thanks. 

smashah

New update for Ireland:

Improves sound quality issues: v3.169

Firmware  28-12-2015

http://www.sony.ie/support/en/product/KD-55X8505C#SoftwareAndDownloads

p.s Please can the forum moderator tell me why my reply to RiscOn was removed?

profile.country.GB.title
continentalgt187

ELRAOUK if the message is in the bottom left hand corner it is just randomly telling you the screen format and is harmless but just a little annoying.

I use sky also and am having very few problems with my KD49X8305 compared to others here.

I did have the above problem though and cured it by going into:- Settings, External inputs, Bravia sync and then set the options you dont need or use to OFF, that cured it for me but I cant remember which setting it was but there arent that many.

Incidentally I did also have a problem with my TV turning itself ON randomly even though both of the timers were set to OFF, it also cured that.

As a precaution I have also turned of YouView as I dont need it and figure its one more potential problem area removed.

micowan20
Explorer

I've just had a full refund from currys based on the tv being misold as there is no HD recording. Quote SOG act. Tv is 4 months old. 

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

@mk1.golf.1983 I had exactly this once, and was informed that it indicates a hardware issue, but may recover if powered down. The online manual states....

If the illumination LED flashes red, reset the TV

by disconnecting the mains lead for two

minutes, then turn on the TV.

If the problem persists, contact your dealer or

Sony service centre with the number of times

the Illumination LED flashes red (interval time is

three seconds). Disconnect the mains lead, and

inform your dealer or Sony service centre.

Mine has not done it since the power reset.

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
profile.country.GB.title
march83

Do Sony publish full change lists of these updates? They only ever seen to announce a couple of fixes when surely there must be more included. The version numbers often jump significantly. 

Also how come UK seem to be in a different timeline for updates now. Do Sony have to go through some sort of Youview approval process now that has been added to the UK one?

kevfarme

@micowan20 wrote:

I've just had a full refund from currys based on the tv being misold as there is no HD recording. Quote SOG act. Tv is 4 months old. 

Well done :slight_smile:  If only more would do this then Sony may sit up and take notice.  Seriously folks, while you are all willing to accept this rubbish from Sony they will keep on stringing you all along 😞

profile.country.GB.title
march83

Think I've seen a couple of people mention this but last night I started getting the Screen Format: Full message popping up while watching sky and then today I can't restart by holding the power button on the remote for 10 seconds. The pictures keeps going jerky too while watching sky (which I was trying to restart). I imagine it will be fine after I pull the plug but really strange that a few people have had the exact same thing happen at the same time when it's the first time it's occurred. I've had the most recent update since it came out too so nothing to do with just applying that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@march83 wrote:

Also how come UK seem to be in a different timeline for updates now. Do Sony have to go through some sort of Youview approval process now that has been added to the UK one?

Yes.

mk1.golf.1983

@frogger38, I phoned Sony support today and the guy I was chatting with talked me through various steps to perform, firstly was to get the serial number and software version, then he wanted me to turn off remote start (which coincidentally I turned on last night) I stated that I use remote start as I also use tv controller app, so that was left turned on. The next step he wanted me to carry out was to turn off automatic time and date? I just did it. I asked the guy what the fault code related to and his answer was that the panel was faulty but as it was working it couldn't be?     Quality...