Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
Cbrpaul01
Explorer

Thats a good point :wink: , but i didnt get a chance to check them, as i honestly thought it was an external Sky issue , then sky tech support got me to do a full factory reset of my router so all logs were deleted.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Cbrpaul01 if you still have your wifi setting two months old it means that you never did a factory reset... that is the first thing to try if the tv is not working as expected! (of course the hdd recording will not appear :slight_smile: )

Cbrpaul01
Explorer

@rooobb I only done the " remove power" resets,  i also did the December 10th update, but obviously it must have remembered the wifi settings.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Cbrpaul01 If you have all these problems (that in many other sets are not present anymore) you HAVE to do a factory reset especially after a firmware upgrade. Only detaching the power doesn't change anything in the TV.

Of course it is not "friendly" since you'll lose all your setting, but definitevely something to try out. In most case it solves

cozzykim

@rooobb

Agree 100% I didn't see much immediate difference with any of the updates until I did a factory reset, especially the 10/12 update.

Cbrpaul01
Explorer

@rooobb thanks for the info,   but i really dont want to lose all my settings though, picture setup took me ages to get right :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
wiz007
Explorer

Yes I have tried changing to a new ethernet cable, iv'e even messed with swapping the ends around to see if it made any difference. I have emailed Sony, so will see what they come back with, if not resolved in a couple of weeks it goes back.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Cbrpaul01 if you mind so much about writing down and reapply your setting I assume you're satisfied with how the tv works as it is.... 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@rooobb wrote:

@Cbrpaul01 if you mind so much about writing down and reapply your setting I assume you're satisfied with how the tv works as it is.... 

Hi @rooobb

Respectfully, I don't think that is a very helpful thing to say 😞

I am in the same situation as @Cbrpaul01, with a slightly flaky set that might or might not benefit from a Factory Reset, but quite a bit invested in settings that I would lose. Notably the extensive set of picture tweaks I needed to get this set as near as possible to my reference Samsung, which the Sony certainly wasn't, out of the box.

And no, I'm not satisfied with how the set works now. But I would be even less satisfied if I had to carry out a full inventory of my tweaks and settings, manually, did a full reset, reapplied them all, and found I was no further forward.

So the prospect of a factory reset is being held in reserve, for the day when it is either that or the set goes out the window; a day that so far, has not occurred.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@royabrown @Cbrpaul01 I may agree what I wrote is not very polite....and I undertsand it's not the best thing to do starting again setting the whole TV as brand new, but it is required to do so especially after a fw upgrade (even on Samsung TVs...). If you ask to Sony support directly it is the very first thing they require you to do and by the way, after all this work, you have to have your setting written down because it could always happen (as with a PC) that you may lose them (don't want to be scary, please :slight_smile: )

Anyway it's up to you, it just seems strange to me complaining about problems and noy willing to apply possible solutions.