Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
Shalendran

Hi,

My TV is connected to the router via wifi. My WD hard drive is connected to the gigabit port of the same router. No further setting is required. The TV just recognises it. Please note I have not set any password for the network drive.

As mentioned in my previous post as soon as I switch on my PC (windows 😎 I can see the same under Devices.

I have noticed that after every software update it tops recognising the drive. I will then switch off and on the TV. Also i switch on and off the harddrive as well. May be you can try -------Network---Home network setup----Remote device/ renderer-----registered devices(or) render access control.

I hope this works.....

Regards

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

@Shalendran

I had the same issue on Monday with my WD My Cloud. After rebooting my router the TV picked it up again!  Just a thought,  hope that helps.

abrdf2015
New

I returned my KD43X8305CBU to John Lewis last week. I only had the TV 3 weeks but because of all the faults and poor software and of course the lack of YouView etc they gave me a full refund of the TV and also the sound bar I purchased. 

GREAT SERVICES FROM JOHN LEWIS....... POOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND PRODUCT FROM SONY - MORE MARKETING HYPE THAN DELIVERED PRODUCT!!

profile.country.GB.title
Tarpii

The Apple Wireless keyboard works great for me, and it's a real looker too.

Twobins

Doing some research to see if theres an alternative to my 43 inch Sony Android 4k. Has anyone any experience of the Panasonic Firefox system? Prior to this Sony bag of spanners, I've always had Panasonic sets and found them to be great. The offer of Android from Sony is what convinced me to change.

Rodders123
Explorer

I'm looking at a Panasonic too or possibly an LG. I don't have too many problems with mine, a few restarts but it's the youview thing mainly.
Twobins

I really love the look and picture quality of my Sony, but the whole operation is so laggy and slow. Visitors can't believe how slow it is. When changing satellite channels the picture displays for a few seconds then the screen goes blank for a few seconds then the picture appears again. The set clearly isn't operating as smoothly as it should. No surprise Sony are ignoring the problem. About 10 years ago I paid £600 for a beautiful compact Sony camcoder. Only problem was the sound of the motor could be heard on all the video recordings. It was like listening to a little shaver. They didn't want to know. Swore I would never buy another Sony product,  then 2015 -  DOH!

profile.country.en_GB.title
petsmart

well my TV is pretty good now i reported before having the black screen when changing HDMi inputs. This was resolved by a replacement tv and so far havnt had any issues with the new set.. I do get what you report above twobins but only first intial time i get sky on via my reciever -  the after that completely stable.

i noticed on the more recent tv set i have it lists the compatable recievers witht he TV set. Mine isnt on the list and although a sony model (an older one) it works fine.

I to have had issues in the past and i have been waiting for a managers call back for approx 2 weeks - but i am happy with my TV now altough not happy with the call back time.

MasaruIbuka
Explorer

The K400 keyboard/touchpad from Logitech works perfectly with these Android TVs.

profile.country.GB.title
Stevevalo

Bought the 43X807 mainly for Sat and Youview, but I've just been reading about Freeview Play! Which sounds better and more chance of getting as Sony haven't signed up for it!