Join now - be part of our community!

2021 Sony Bravia KD43 x80JU

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Trevene

2021 Sony Bravia KD43 x80JU

I have today downloaded the latest Sony firmware in order to watch the long awaited catch up programmes. The download went straight forward and catch up programmes worked perfectly. However, since the download, I experienced lots of pixilation on the digital channels including freezing of pics and screen going completely black.
I contacted customer support and explained the problem who informed me the tv would need to be set back to factory settings then reload all channels again. I did this with her support after which all digital programmes were present and working fine.

Approx 3 hrs later, I switched on the tv to find I could not again receive any channels whatsoever apart from a small displayed message stating check antenna. I know for a fact it’s not aerial problems because I have tried another set on the same aerial and that all channels are present.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem after downloading the latest software?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Trevene, try tuning without then with  the antenna, that should work.

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Trevene

Many thanks for your help,  this has resolved the matter.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Trevene, try tuning without then with  the antenna, that should work.

profile.country.GB.title
Trevene

Many thanks for your help,  this has resolved the matter.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Trevene, I'm glad it helped! Thank you for updating the thread. Enjoy the holidays.