Join now - be part of our community!

3d glasses range problem

profile.country.GB.title
Clifford12
Explorer

3d glasses range problem

I just bought a Bravia xd93, for some reason I cannot watch 3d with my glasses further than about 3ft from screen. They lose signal and go off, i tried my glasses on another tv and they work fine.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Hard to know why the range is so short.  Some suggestions:

• Ensure that the firmware on the TV is upto date
  • Unpair the 3D glasses from the TV completely
  • Perform a soft reset of the TV (i.e. Press and hold the power button on the TV remote control for more than 6 seconds and the TV should reboot)
  • Re-pair the 3D glasses back to the TV

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Clifford12
Explorer

Tried all these thanks, this is what tech support offered.

they going to call me in 2 days so they got time to investigate the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Let us know how you get on with a resolution - it might just help someone else if they have the same problem too.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Clifford12
Explorer

Sony tech support has been very poor, only advice after several contacts so far is turn tv off and factory reset. I can't be only one with this problem? I just want to take my tv and bluray and glasses back forvrefund 😔

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

A couple of reasons why Sony suggest a factory reset

• Its been known to resolve weird and wonderful issues :slight_smile:
  • It gives Sony a baseline to start with in the troubleshooting process, knowing that no other software or cache memory is inferferring - i.e. a clean slate.

Advise you to stick with Support - But if you get stuck at any point, post back and ill see what we can do to help progress further.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Clifford12
Explorer

Well, when I got home yesterday my TV would not turn on a all!! I took it back to the shop today, they replaced it without any quibbles. The new TV works perfect confirming the 3d Problem was with the set.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10