Join now - be part of our community!

43W755C Multi Coloured Circles and reboots

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Startrekker24689

43W755C Multi Coloured Circles and reboots

Hi

I went for dinner and turned off my 43W755C which said there was an update that would take 30 mins.  I pressed update now and left it for dinner (45 mins or so) then when i got back to my tv it was off and i pressed the remote to turn it on and got no response.  i presssed other buttons on the remote to try and turn it on and nothing.  I pulled the power cable out and left for a minute and then plugged it back in.  i get just passed the Sony logo and there are 4 multi coloured circles  for a few seconds then the tv reboots and the same thing. only way to turn off is to pull the power cable.

I tried unplugging for 10 mins and the same result.  i have pulled all the devices out and same result and even put the tv in another room in a normal plug (i have a surge protector and have had no problems in the passed year) and the same result.  

I cannot do a factory reset or reset as i cannot get passed the Flashing multi coloured circles and rebooting.  

I tried to download the firmware on a USB and put that in and plug the mains in but get the same result.

The tv is a year old and think its in the warranty (got 6 year from Richer sounds free) and am going to call them tomorrow just wandered if anyone could help.

Many Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Ianse1
Explorer

I have exactly the same problem. I bought my 55 inch bravia thinking Sony would be reliable, good quality. Has been a problem within a few months of getting it. Had a 5 year warranty, covered three engineer call outs for various mother board issues. Out of warranty October 2020. August 2021, not starting up, called Sony, advised me to reset tv. Impossible to do, multicoloured rings keep appearing and disappearing.

Completely regret buying this product, it's been problematic since the first year 

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
profile.country.UA.title
svansvan
Contributor

After last update in 43' the same problems :

https://community.sony.ua/t5/televizory/migaet-oranzhevym-i-zelenym-posle-obnovleniya-43w756s/td-p/2...

(more than 10 tv's)

---------------------------------------------------------------
KD-55x9305c + SPS4 1208b
profile.country.GB.title
Startrekker24689

Thanks for the reply. Do you have an english version or translation as cannot read this? 

@svansvan wrote:

After last update in 43' the same problems :

https://community.sony.ua/t5/televizory/migaet-oranzhevym-i-zelenym-posle-obnovleniya-43w756s/td-p/2...

(more than 10 tv's)

profile.country.UA.title
svansvan
Contributor

Unfortunately there is nothing to translate. The same problems after the firmware update, and without solutions.

As I understand it with all models 43' 2016 year manufacture

---------------------------------------------------------------
KD-55x9305c + SPS4 1208b
profile.country.GB.title
Startrekker24689

Thanks for the info at least I'm not alone.

going to call richer sounds as guarantee for 6 yrs and hope I registered the guarantee. 

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Check out this German thread with the solution.

dbv923

I have 43w756c manufacture 2016/10.
After trying to upgrade from a USB drive 43w756c himself firmware processes started normally, and then I walked away from the TV.
Somewhere after 10 minutes of my absence, I came in and saw that the TV Screen was extinguished, and in turn, continuously without a break blinking orange and green light. After waiting somewhere for 5 minutes, turn off the indicator, and a TV for 10 minutes did not respond (the screen does not light, not blinking). After that, I turned off the TV from the network for 5 minutes, but after turning, all well miagayut orange and green indicators on the screen, the image is missing.
At this time, if the remote Press the navigation keys "Up", "Down", you can hear the sound of choice, such as in the initial installation of the choice of language, although Screen is not working (no light).

By the way, the TV does not go to the service menu "i +" + "5" + "Vol +" + "power". No screen, no diode does not light up. Earlier in the service menu of went a couple of times, I know how to do it.

The process at the German branch is also not helped.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Doublecheck whether the firmware image on the USB is correct, so for your TV model and region. However it would be aweful if one could brick the thing by chosing the wrong one...

dbv923

Firmware for the correct region. I personally checked the file size, everything is exactly as it is written on the site.
Reading other forums discovered that the problem in all television sets 2016 release.