Join now - be part of our community!

43XD8305 connecting to MT500 problems

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
TheParader

43XD8305 connecting to MT500 problems

Hi

New Member with a problem...

I have 43XD8305 connecting to a MT500 soundbar....a few days ago the soundbar stopped starting when i switched the TV on. The Soundbar works as i can switch it on seperately but my SkyQ box has no sound. The only way to get everything working is to switch everything off at the mains, then everything works.

I've tried Sony support who had me changing leads but nothing's worked. Has anyone got any ideas?

Regards

Paul

Tags (2)
24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.GB.title
TheParader

My apologies its Playback_2.........no idea where the TV is getting that from....the TV has also had a factory reset

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

In sync menu you should not see the sound bar at all...you should see it in the home theatre control menu (in audio) and in the bravia sync menu in external settings
profile.country.GB.title
TheParader

This is where i left it last night....The TV has also had a full factory resetIMG_2280.jpg

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Ok this could be ok since my soundbar has not any playback capability while your I think could play music files via USB.

It's strange that even if you reset the TV and SkyQ is not connected you still see it on the list. What's happen if you push enable? it should send the HDMICEC enabling command to the soudbar and you should see something line "Complete" on the soundbar display.

Do you see afterwards the soundbar setting in the setup->sound-> Home theatre control? You should be able to command completely your MT500 via the TV...

profile.country.GB.title
TheParader

Hi

Yes i see an enable button and when i press it it gives a message to say its sent a message to the device but then nothing happens. I can control the soundbar with the TV remote.

Funny though that the Home Theatre screen doesnt always allow me to change the settings....sometimes it just shows me a compatibility window.....almost as if its NOT compatible.

I read somewhere that there's a was a way of emptying the TV's cache?

Paul

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You cannot empty the whole cache, you can do it app by app... Are you sure about your HDMI cable? Have you already tried with another one?

profile.country.GB.title
TheParader

Hi

Its a brand new Blue Rigger HDMI cable. I've tried 3 different ones now.

You any idea where the Player_2/Playback_2 is coming from?

I've registered with Sony now too

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

As I said it should be related to the fact that your HT (unlike my old HTCT350) is able also to play music. But this should not be a problem.

profile.country.GB.title
TheParader

Is there any way i can reset everything so it only sees the Soundbar like for the first time?

Is it a TV problem or a Soundbar problem?

P

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You should be able to do it, disconnecting everything (when not powered on), redo the display braviasync device list and enable... you shoudl see nothing. than reconnect the soundbar (always powered off both tv and bar) and redo it.

But now it is working or not?