Join now - be part of our community!

43XD8305 connecting to MT500 problems

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
TheParader

43XD8305 connecting to MT500 problems

Hi

New Member with a problem...

I have 43XD8305 connecting to a MT500 soundbar....a few days ago the soundbar stopped starting when i switched the TV on. The Soundbar works as i can switch it on seperately but my SkyQ box has no sound. The only way to get everything working is to switch everything off at the mains, then everything works.

I've tried Sony support who had me changing leads but nothing's worked. Has anyone got any ideas?

Regards

Paul

Tags (2)
24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.GB.title
TheParader

I will try all that this evening when i get in from work.

1/Turn everything off

2/unplug all devices

3/Turn TV back on and start braviasync

4/plug SB back in

Should i go to the Sync menu again after step 4?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

That's a minor problem (if a problem at all)

Important things is:

• once everything is connected the soundbar work as intended: getting sound from tv, on/off with the tv, remote command from tv, setting via home theatre control on tv
  • afterwards you can check if connecting skyq you get some problem and you can go on buying an hdmiceless adapter

profile.country.GB.title
TheParader

Hi

i think i have success....I've been a bit of an idiot. I have a Blu Ray Player plugged in.....i unplugged everything.

Did a factory reset of the TV, after set up i plugged the Soundbar back in and it was turning on and off with the TV.

I plugged SkyQ back in and worked first time......

Thanks Rooobb.....i got there in the end

P

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The result is the only one that is important :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
TheParader

The Solution is not to have anything else plugged into your set up even if its off

I had a Panasonic DVD player plugged in.....after help from rooobb i got to the bottom of it