Join now - be part of our community!

43XE8077 Android TV problems with timer list

profile.country.GB.title
TBill01
New

43XE8077 Android TV problems with timer list

I bought a new TV this week. I did the s/w update also this week. Things generally seem OK. I'm using a Toshiba 1T HDD on superspeed USB. Have set some recordings and played back OK.

But problems now with timer list and setting a new recording timer. After five recordings, I noticed that one of these (first) was still set in timer list, even though the recording had completed OK. Tried to delete this entry - but it always fails "Unable to delete". I also noticed that some additional requests I made did not appear in timer list (even though it told me they had been set).

I then decided to deregister the HDD and reregister. Still unable to delete the first timer setting (which had recorded). I selected all the list and deleted them all. This time the five shown did all delete, but then I was able to see (for the first time) three other recording timers (set previously) which had not shown in the list before. I selected all these three and tried to delete them all - they all failed to delete - message "Unable to delete some timers".

I'm stuck now. If degregistering the HDD fails to cure the timer list problem, not sure what next to try...

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
TBill01
New

Did some more tests... and found a solution to "non-delete" in timer list.

I switched the power off to the set completely (at the wall) . Waited a minute, then switched back on again.

This causes a hardware reset. Turns out that when I then look at the timer list, all the entries which had failed to delete had now disappeared.

Seems that there is a bug in the timer list operation. This is something to do with the Android RAM memory and hence disappears on a hardware reset.

profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi TBill01,

Thanks for your message and the updated information. We will look into it and be in touch shortly.

Best,

EdwinaU

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @TBill01,

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing.  Thanks for sharing the details and the troubleshooting steps you took - I have passed all of this on to the engineering team for further investigation.

Thanks,

C