Join now - be part of our community!

49XE8396 doesn't turn on sometimes

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
buzzcut121

49XE8396 doesn't turn on sometimes

I find lately that when I go to turn on my TV that it doesn't respond to the remote. It's not a remote battery problem. I have to physically pull out the plug and plug it in again. The TV then goes through the long start up process with the animated android logo. Any ideas what's happening here? It happens one in every 4 times maybe. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

For me it helped to remove the usb dongle for my RF mouse before putting the TV on standby.  Got myself a bluetooth mouse instead.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

For me it helped to remove the usb dongle for my RF mouse before putting the TV on standby.  Got myself a bluetooth mouse instead.

profile.country.IE.title
buzzcut121

Interesting. I DO have a usb sitting in the TV. I'm gonna remove it and see how it goes. Thanks!

my sony tv is doing the same since the recent software update.

I have emailed sony regarding this and await a response

profile.country.IE.title
buzzcut121

I'll be doing the same if it continues.

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

@buzzcut121  @nathanhughes  Any progress?

My problem started after upgrade to Oreo ver. 6.6510 and stopped when I removed the usb-receiver for my RF mouse.  This tip has helped many but not everybody.

Recently received the ota update to Oreo ver. 6.6545 and thought I would try putting the usb-dongle back to see what happens.  Have now had it in for three days without problems!

profile.country.IE.title
buzzcut121

Hey, it's been 4 days now without a startup problem. Hope I don't Jinx it 😛

Thanks 🤞

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

@buzzcut121  What firmware pkg are you on?

profile.country.IE.title
buzzcut121

The recently issued 665201 firmware. The problem was there with the previous firmware too.

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

Oh!  And your four good days are they with no dongle?