Join now - be part of our community!

5.433.01 firmware

profile.country.GB.title
romeo_kii

5.433.01 firmware

hi all, after applying this latest firmware, my tv has become alot dimmer , after factory reset still the same , enhanced format hdr colours are not the same as the were in previous firmware v5.417, hdr luks dim and fuzzy,, please any way to downgrade back? im gutted , never should have updated!! this new firmware does not 

• Improves the user experience (UX) of the "Enhanced format - HDMI signal format" setting as it states, its horrible 
17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

I would recommend getting in touch with the support team here who will be able to advise you further.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
romeo_kii

hiya thanks for reply, iv already sorted the problem , dynamic range full/auto/limited is broken again, toggled to limited , colours and sharpness in hdr are back , on auto or full goes backs to dull and fuzzy, hopefully in next update they sort out it , thanks again 

profile.country.NL.title
Lezzzz
Explorer

This update also seems to break motion smoothing / Motionflow. Settings seem to be on, even though all settings are still disabled.

Even did a factory reset...

Picture looks like ***** with this soap opera effect! Looking for a way to downgrade. Is that possible?

profile.country.GB.title
romeo_kii

Hiya, nah there is no way to downgrade, iv looked in every forum loll, are
you sure motionflow dont work? It seems to on in hdr video mode , iv have a
propa look tmrw , sony should have left it on the previous firmware, it
were perfect
profile.country.NL.title
Lezzzz
Explorer

Yeah, but that’s the problem. I had Motionflow and the setting on the bottom both disabled as I hate how unnaturally smooth motions look with it enabled. 

After the update, the settings look as if they still are disabled but when I play back an episode of game of thrones the unnatural smoothness is immediately apparent 😩

profile.country.NL.title
Lezzzz
Explorer

Now, when I toggle the Motionflow setting between off and high, there is no visual difference.

profile.country.GB.title
romeo_kii

hiya sorry for late reply, are you using true cinema?.

profile.country.SE.title
hitta_jonte
Explorer

When will oreo 8.0 come avaible?

profile.country.NL.title
Lezzzz
Explorer

Which setting do you mean? One of the names options listed under Motionflow/film mode. Mine is set to Dutch so I don’t see the exact wording. 

Both are are set to off, but I tried all the options after the firmware update to try and get the smoothing to go away. 

Before the the latest firmware Motionflow was set to off and film mode was on. Problems started after the update.