Join now - be part of our community!

55" A95L Series Dolby Vision issues

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Blumine1818

55" A95L Series Dolby Vision issues

I have a 55" A95L series TV. 

Dolby Vision is fine through TV apps, Disney etc.

When I attempt to play a Dolby Vision 4k bluray via my Panasonic DP-UB820 I do not get DV playback. The player settings show DV is turned on.

Advice would be appreciated. 

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
EducatedPork
Explorer

Hi,

I think the issue here is that VRR and Dolby Vision don't play together.

I can't tell from the lack of description and conflicting images whether you're connecting your Bluray player to HDMI 3 or HDMI 4 - but I can see that you have VRR enabled for both of those ports.

Turn off VRR support on the HDMI port your Bluray player is connected to (using the VRR toggle in the top-right of your images)  - and use a basic 'Enhanced Format' option (ie: not the 4K/120Hz option!)

I had the same trouble with my Apple TV when performing initial setup of my 55" A95L too.

Excluding the whole 'VRR toggle' thing, this is documented over on Sony's website at https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00298081

Hope this helps,
Dean

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

On both of their last 2 screenshots the VRR button is set left

which I believe is the OFF position.

profile.country.GB.title
EducatedPork
Explorer

Ahh.. good point! I guess I was confused by the fact the OP's screenshots being blue-ish (these setting screens are actually grey, with the VRR toggle appearing blue-ish when ON).

FWIW, in my case my Apple TV is plugged into one of the non-VRR supporting ports (HDMI 1 or 2) anyway.

Dean

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

Yes any of the HDMI ports should be fine on their TV using the Enhanced format.

I was only mentioning HDMI 3 or 4 because on my XR-42A90K those ports have the

Enhanced format (Dolby Vision) option and without seeing the screenshots before they were posted

I was  taking a guess their TV may have been similar in its HDMI format choices.