Join now - be part of our community!

55W755C - USB HDD filesystem problem

cloud06
Explorer

55W755C - USB HDD filesystem problem

I have 55W755C... When I connect NTFS formatted USB drive, I can't access files on it. Shouldn't NTFS and exFAT be supported on this TV? FAT32 works.

Is there any other Android native file system that could work?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

NTFS should work fine. How did you try to open the file? Video? Have you tried with a different player (like KODI or VLC) or even with a file manager (ES file explorer o Xplore)?

cloud06
Explorer

It's not working. Just as exFAT or any other file system I tried except FAT32. I tried all applications, formatting on Windows, Mac and Linux. Same thing - doesn't work.

What I eventually did - I registered HDD for USB recording. That way it was formated to supported filesystem and mounted without problems. So now HDD supports files larger that 4GB and I can transfer films over network there and play on TV...

But NTFS not working could be a problem. Also, my TV was connected to the internet but it was unable to find new firmware update. I had to manually install it yesterday using USB stick.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Already tried a reboot of the TV (off button till the message appear)? NTFS is supported on Sony TV since years....

cloud06
Explorer

Yes, tried resetting multiple times. No go. And I'm not the only one. I saw few comments from people (in Croatian) that NTFS is not working... Anyways, it's sorted not, but this HDD is useless on any other device.

Right now, that's not problem... But it could be for someone.

Same disk formatted as FAT32 was working... And it was working with NFTS only in Total commander with Paragon plugin.