Join now - be part of our community!

55XD9305 - "No signal" every 30 minutes

profile.country.GB.title
mrbutt89
Explorer

55XD9305 - "No signal" every 30 minutes

Background: we tend to watch most of our TV from recordings on our Humax PVR. As a result, we mostly watch live TV via the Humax too, as it's just easier that way.

During Wimbledon fortnight (start of July) we watched a lot more live TV than normal, which we did directly via the Sony TV's freeview tuner. We noticed that every 30 minutes the picture would freeze and then disappear, along with the sound. A message would flash up telling us there was no signal, and we should check our antenna connection. After a few seconds the picture and sound would return of their own accord. This happened at exactly 30 minute intervals, usually at around hh:28 and hh:58.

We assumed this was something to do with the live feed from Wimbledon. However, it's just happened on the BBC news channel.

We need to check whether channels other than BBC are affected, but in the meantime, has anyone else experienced this? If so, did you find a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It is certainly interesting this is happening like 'clockwork'.  Usual advice is to change your aerial cable that connects to the TV from the wall.  However as this is happening every 30 minutes, almost to the second, I am wondering if you have other electrical equipment in the area that is interferring with the broadcast signal. 

As a test and assuming that the EM interferrence is not from a neighbour, try turning ALL the power off in the house, leaving only the TV powered on.  Does this still happen?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
mrbutt89
Explorer

That's an interesting suggestion, and something I could certainly try. It'll have to wait for a day when I'm not going to irritate anyone else by turning off their power!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could just be mean and irritate others :slight_smile:

Forgot to mention, disconnect and turn off other connected HDMI devices on the TV (if any). 

Now if it doesnt happen, switch on the power again to everything, but not any other equipment around the TV area (ie. bluray players, sky boxes etc).  It might be a process of elimination here.

profile.country.GB.title
mrbutt89
Explorer

The problem is still happening. I don't often watch live TV using the TV's own tuner, as I normally watch live TV via the Humax box, as it enables me to pause, rewind etc., and also saves too much fiddling around if I want to switch between live and recorded programmes.

However, today I found myself watching the BBC News channel through the TV tuner and, once again, the picture froze, the sound vanished, and after a few seconds the screen went black with a "no signal" message. A few seconds later it was back as though nothing had happened.

It surely cannot be a problem with the signal or the aerial, otherwise it would also be affecting the Humax box, which never has any glitches like this. Nor does it affect all the channels.

Has no-one else reported this sort of problem?