Join now - be part of our community!

65A1 Screen Flickering

profile.country.GB.title
siegfried.quemado
Explorer

65A1 Screen Flickering

Hello all,

After three weeks of using my KD 65A1 OLED TV, I had three occassions where the screen would suddenly have flickering bands across the screen, looking much like digital noise. Those three occassions were:

1. Plugging in a H96 Pro Plus andoid box. I was testing the box, streaming 4K and HD videos.

2. When watching 4K and HD Youtube videos using the built in Google TV interface.

3. While watching an HD show on ordinary TV box.

On all occassions, the flickering would just be intermittent bands flashing across the screen. I was watching a 4K or HD show and then it would start flickering. It comes to a point where the viewing experience becomes unacceptable and just stop watching altogether. I would then do a Google TV reset and the screen comes to normal again.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Tags (3)
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Here are some things you can try:

• Press the HOME button on the supplied remote control to display the TV menu screen. If the lines appear on the menu screen, proceed to the next item below.
  • Perform a power reset.

• Press the HOME button on the supplied remote control to show the menu screen. If the lines are still visible on the menu screen, the TV may require service.

If the issue is unresolved, perform a factory reset.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Pirateboy-57
New

Hi I have the same prob. But with a Sony 49x8309c model phoned customer services after doing a factory reset etc sent pics and receipt been told 2-3days to change tv

profile.country.GB.title
Pbrimble
New

Performing a power reset works.  Does this mean that there is a tv faults and I should get a replacement from the retailer.  Problem has happened about 10 times in the last month.

profile.country.GB.title
Pbrimble
New

Note, I have a 55A1

profile.country.GB.title
Otaibikl
Explorer

I bought a new KD 65 A1 before three weeks only (December 25 , 2017) and It was working nicely until yesterday when I noticed a red line in the left upper side of the screen. Unfortunately, I bought it from Saudi Arabia and took it to my house in Bahrain which is 45 min drive. Sony in Bahrain said that no warranty in Sony Bahrain and send it back to Sony Saudi which is impossible (needs special transport) Now I’m stuck with USD 4500 TV used for 25 days only. Any help from Sony to find out what is the problem in their new OLED product. 

profile.country.GB.title
siegfried.quemado
Explorer

Hello,

The TV seems to correct itself after a software reset is performed from the Android Settings menu. However, the problem comes back after using the TV again for some time, around a week or so. It's just strange that I have to do a reset every now and then on a brand new TV. I have decided to return the unit back. I will wait until this problem is resolved and get the same one or the new version released in CES (A8F).

ZexX_pt
Explorer

Hi,

I have recently bought a KD-55A1 and am experiencing the same issue you describe.

My problem is that this problem occurs randomly, and I can't replicate it when I want. The store where I bought it is not acknowledging it beacuse I couldn't show the issue when the TV was tested.

I uploaded two videos of the issue to YouTube. Can you confirm the symptoms are the same?

https://youtu.be/ecgpnNrhemI

https://youtu.be/ap25oraPh7Q

How did you solve your issue? Did you return the TV without a problem?

Thank you!

profile.country.GB.title
siegfried.quemado
Explorer

Yes, that looks like the same problem I'm having.

I would do an Android reset, and this usually solves the problem for the
next couple of days or so. I don't see any pattern on why this occurs. I
guess it's a memory leak from Android OS, which maybe affects the picture
quality. I'm not an expert on TV technology so don't take my word for it.

I was able to return the TV, no questions asked. I guess this had something
to do with the store policy as it was assigned as "Dead on arrival".
ZexX_pt
Explorer

It is exactly as mine. If I do a Android Restart, the problem goes away. If I do simple off/on with the remote the problem persists.

I will talk to the shop again and see if I can get a solution to this problem.

Did you return the TV for a replacement 65A1 or did you get a TV from other manufacturer?