Join now - be part of our community!

*** 65XE8596 Android TV Queries

profile.country.GB.title
Peeoff
Explorer

*** 65XE8596 Android TV Queries

Hi, I owned the 65XE8596 for a few months now and I still have a few questions that I would like help with:

1.  I'm interested in resetting the TV and have found only returning the TV to "factory settings" and have also read in these forums about 'refreshing' the TV?

First of all, I would like to, occasionally, return the TV to the way it was when it came off the assembly line but, I seen an option to do a 'factory data reset'?  Is this the option for completely returning the TV to factory settings and, where exactly is it in settings?

Is it necessary to disconnect all other input cables from the TV before doing a factory reset?

Can the performance of the TV be affected by using the is opton or, be affected if you use the option too many times?

2.  I come across an option to 'refresh the display' or, something similar to that.  Can any member tell me where to located this option in settings and, as above, can using this option or, using it too many times, affect the performance of the TV?

Are there any other options in settings which I'm not aware of and, which would help to speed the TV up by clearing things like 'cache' and Google search and Voice history?  If so, where in settings ae these options?

3.  My present software/firmware is v6.2671, is this the latest version for my TV?

I've also seen reference to v7.0, "Nougat" and "Marshamallow"?  What TV's have v7.0 and, I know these are just names given to the software but, which "flavour" (sorry, I've never owned an Android device until now) is the latest and, what flavour is v6.2671?

4.  I owned many Sony Bravia TV's and normally hunt around for the "best settings" for each TV I've owned; are there any "best settings" available yet, to try on my 65XE8596 TV?  If so, a link would be appreciated!

5.  Finally, for the moment, has Sony or, any member found a resolution for Samba TV, that works? 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Peeoff,

I would suggest getting in touch with Support for futher help.

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Peeoff
Explorer

Hi Sean_Mc

Thanks for your reply!

With all due respect, I've asked a few basic queries about my 65XE8596 and the answers should be ready available in these forums, without contacting Sony Support!