Join now - be part of our community!

*** 65XE8596 Android TV Samba TV / "on-sceen msg"

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Peeoff
Explorer

*** 65XE8596 Android TV Samba TV / "on-sceen msg"

Hi

I've just updated to v6.2671 using the USB method.  

The update was successful and I removed the USB stick and after reboot, I am now getting the following 'pop-up' message:

Samba Services Manager has stopped

x Close App

I've tried pressing 'back' and 'Exit' which removes the message for about 3 seconds before returning. Everytime the message appears, pressing remote buttons has no effect until you remove the message!  

I then went to Settings > Samba Services Manager and tried "Force Stop" but that made no difference.

Can any members advise me about why this message is appearig and, how to remove it permanently? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
SesioNLive

I've also had this issue after update.

For me it turned out that the reason was that I disabled the service in APPS. After enabling the service again, the message pop up dissapeared for good. 

As soon as I try disabling the service yet again, the popup spam comes instantly back. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Re-Booting the TV usually fixes this problem.

If not, then Samba can be deactivated in the menu.so it doesn't show up again.

If you still have the issue after a re-boot, let us know here.

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Peeoff
Explorer

Hi

Thanks for your reply!

No, it's still there and pops up every two seconds!  You can press 'back up' and 'exit'  (or maybe any button) and it's gone but pops immediately back after two seconds!  The remote control is useless when the pop up is on screen!

A couple of days ago, I managed to get rid of the small Samba TV pop up that says,'install now or later' and appears in the bottom right of the screen but, this Samba Service Manager appeared in the middle of the screen after updating to v6.2671 a couple of hours ago, I've tried 'force stop' Samba Services Manager and disabling!  Also something in interactive which I can't remember but, I just can't get rid of it!

It's quite large and sits in the mddle of the display so it's going to upset our viewing this evening!

I've complained to Sony Support but so far, they have not resolved this issue!

profile.country.GB.title
SesioNLive

I've also had this issue after update.

For me it turned out that the reason was that I disabled the service in APPS. After enabling the service again, the message pop up dissapeared for good. 

As soon as I try disabling the service yet again, the popup spam comes instantly back. 

profile.country.GB.title
Peeoff
Explorer

Hi

UPDATE!  Yes that worked for me but, I don’t want Samba TV enabled!

thanks for your reply!

when you say you disabled the Service in apps, do you mean Samba TV?

If so, then that basically means Sony are holding you to ransom!

i.e.  enable our app again or put up with the pop up!

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

I had the same identical issue. Yes, you must enable Samba TV from the apps list. Which is a pain, because every few seconds you must press back to close the popup window.

After that you should go into Settings/Samba TV and there click the option that you don't want to use it (I don't remember what's called).

profile.country.GB.title
Peeoff
Explorer

I’ll have a look at that and see if there is an option to stop using it but, doesn’t throw up pop ups when yo do stop!