Join now - be part of our community!

Adv Contrast Enhancer on Video Apps

profile.country.GB.title
Tarpii

Adv Contrast Enhancer on Video Apps

Hi guys,

Not seen this problem posted on here before, hopefully you might be able to help.

KDL-43W755C updated to the latest firm ware back in April/May (foctory reset) no problems so far.

I always disable the Adv Contract Enhancer within picture settings as I find the contract changing a few ms after a camera cur very distracting.

So far so good, however I've noticed that when watching videos on Netflix the effect seems to persist, I have doubled checked and the settings within Video / Apps still shows the contract enhancer to be 'off', but I can still see after a camera cut, the overall contrast / colour changes within a second.

Any ideas? Grateful for any help you can offer.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

The Sony TV maintains different settings for different sources. I think Netflix is an own source. So you should check the setting when playing something inside Netflix. It might very well still be on for Netflix while it is off for HDMI for example...

profile.country.GB.title
Tarpii

Thanks for youi feedback! 

I am entering the picture settings whilst Netflix is running, and it shows th mode is 'Video - Apps' but the settings don'#t seem to change. I might try it again tonight and crank the settings up to max for a while before trying to disable it again.