Join now - be part of our community!

Airplay support for Sony AF9 OLED

profile.country.NL.title
atselvan
Explorer

Airplay support for Sony AF9 OLED

Will there be a firmware update for the Sony AF9 for Airplay 2 support?

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.NL.title
atselvan
Explorer

The AG9 would be available in the next 10 weeks according to local dealers in the Netherlands.

@Kuschelmonschter  the AG9 will have Airplay support when it comes out for sure! That is a confirmed fact.

I also saw some other non-OLED 4k 2019 Models that already have Airplay support at the dealers.

profile.country.GB.title
Fuzyphil

The Airstreem app was working perfectly - it still does but...

since latest version update of Airstreem the YouTube app won’t coexist. With Airstreem installed YouTube will not play any video streams. Uninstall Airstreem then YouTube works again. What a pain the butt !! I use both apps a lot so this situation is extremely annoying. 

tylerpeck
New

The AG9 and AF9 is exactly the same processor and panel wise, its just the design that has changed. 

It would be incredibly lazy for Sony not to update this. I would be put off purchasing Sony TVs in the future is this is the case. 

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@atselvan  schrieb:

The AG9 would be available in the next 10 weeks according to local dealers in the Netherlands.

@Kuschelmonschter  the AG9 will have Airplay support when it comes out for sure! That is a confirmed fact.

I also saw some other non-OLED 4k 2019 Models that already have Airplay support at the dealers.

AG9 tested by FlatpanelsHD did not include the feature...

Apple's TV app, AirPlay 2, and HomeKit will be added to A9G via a later software update. There is no beta program so we were unable to test the functionality.

Source

PStebl
Explorer

It’s the end of January 2020 and no firmware update. My guess is the third quarter of 2026.

PStebl
Explorer

I wouldn’t hold my breath about firmware updates for the Master series.

PStebl
Explorer

Within 10 weeks 🤣.... My dealer told me within a few days in January 2020 and I fell for it 😓. I suppose it is true what they say: ‘never purchase a product based on the promise of some future firmware update. Wait until it's come out and evaluate how the feature was implemented first.’

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert