Join now - be part of our community!

All HDMI ports not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
ed.jones06
Explorer

All HDMI ports not working

Hi all,

I have an issue like many others with HDMI ports.  I have read many of the comments and nothing seems to fix the issue, so hopefully someone here is able to point me in the right direction.

I have a Sony Android TV KD-55X8509C.  Up until 2 weeks ago everything was fine.

I have a PS4 and a SNES mini attached to the HDMI ports and additional have a Sony soundbar attached as well.  The experience I get now is that neither the PS4 or SNES mini are recognised and I get the usual "No Signal" error.  Additionally, if I am watching Netflix I get no sound out of the soundbar when the Audio System is active (it is attached to the ARC HDMI port).

I initially thought the sound bar is the issue but appears that having witnessed the issues with the consoles it may very well be the HDMI ports themselves.

So far I have performed the following:

- Powered everything down and unplugged

- reconnected things individually

- powered up again

- I have also performed a data reset (not a hard reset yet as I can't seem to get that to work following the instructions I found.

Does anyone have any further suggestions?

Many thanks
Ed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
ed.jones06
Explorer

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the update.

I have since called support and discovered that after completing a firmware update and a number of resets and power cycle downs etc it turned out that the issue was the HDMI board had gone (for whatever reason).

So to anyone else that has had this issue without resets fixing the issue then contact support and they arranged an engineer to come and fix.

TV now works perfectly well, and the support and getting the repair arranged was very good.

Cheers

Ed

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
ed.jones06
Explorer

I should also point out that sound does work when the TV speakers themselves are active, therefore further confirms that the issue appears to be on the HDMI itself.

Also the soundbar plays music via Bluetooth perfectly well too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ed, 

Welcome to the Community. 

We have raised this with the relevant team and will update this thread as soon as we receive a reply. 

Best, 

Arthur

profile.country.GB.title
ed.jones06
Explorer

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the update.

I have since called support and discovered that after completing a firmware update and a number of resets and power cycle downs etc it turned out that the issue was the HDMI board had gone (for whatever reason).

So to anyone else that has had this issue without resets fixing the issue then contact support and they arranged an engineer to come and fix.

TV now works perfectly well, and the support and getting the repair arranged was very good.

Cheers

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi Ed,

Very glad to hear you managed to get this sorted. Thanks for letting us know. Please do get back in touch if there's anything else we can help you with.

Cheers,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
dexter86
Explorer

Hi i also have the same issue and need help asap maybes i need my mainboard replaced too this is really annoying any help would be most appreciated thanks

profile.country.GB.title
abigailsutton
New

Hi. We have the same issue and tried all the above. It happen immediately after installing the recent update.

achawda
New

We've been having this issue ever since we moved into our house a year ago. We have a 2017 55" 4K Sony Bravia. Out of nowhere, the PS4 (literally a Sony device) that's always been plugged in and never moved or unplugged showed "no signal". We tried to plug it into other HDMI ports but still "no signal". Other things worked, like the Xbox One or the Chromecast that was plugged in. We tried every HDMI cable in the house, but no luck. The PS4 worked on another TV so the console was not the problem. After talking to support, I reset the TV to factory settings and we were able to fix the issue but only temporarily. A few months later, the same problem occurred with our Chromecast. Same exact issue where it only stopped working on one TV's HDMI's. Usually resetting to factory settings fixes this but not this time. And even when we do fix this issue, it just repeats itself after a few weeks. On top of everything, the Bose soundbar we have attached via optical cable just stopped working. Lights are on so the soundbar itself is functioning, just not with the TV. This should NOT be happening on a TV that costs this much. We have a MUCH cheaper TLC 4K 55" and it never has such issues. I'd like to know who to talk to or call to see if the HDMI ports themselves are shot. It wouldn't explain why they work only sometimes. This is incredibly frustrating. 

were you able to get the part or did you have to use a dealer repair service?