Join now - be part of our community!

All4 plays episode then restarts from beginning after advertisement

Lrtb007
Explorer

All4 plays episode then restarts from beginning after advertisement

My android all4 app worked fine before the update but now when I play any episode it will restart from the beginning after the 1st advertisements.

Anyone else? Or any help appreciated.

43 REPLIES 43
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Lrtb007 wrote:

Well here's the post from youview from the manager

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/issue-with-programme-playback-on-the-all-4-player

I've contacted Sony directly also. 

Ah, that one....

3 months old, and yes, about All4, but not about your issue. And officially updated by Sarah two weeks ago, in that same thread,  to say:-

'The issue initially addressed in this thread was resolved a few days later so we apologise for not updating and solving the thread."

So still no official YouView pronouncement on the current issue 😞

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
Graham6905
New

Me to. Reported and getting reply to check firmware version. Instructions to update a tad frightening.

Lrtb007
Explorer

Can you share? I'd love to roll back to a previous version. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You cannot roll-back the firmware.  Sorry.

Lrtb007
Explorer

Can you not suggest anything as an 'expert' .

Sorry doesn't help me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

No I cannot i am afraid.

Please let me explain something.  The ranking of 'Expert' is just a name in my opinion.  I am not an employee of Sony or connected with Sony affiliated companies.  I am a customer like you, but I volunteer my time to help people on these forums.  If there is an issue, i can flag this to Sony by escalating the post or thread to them as well as I do have regular contact with Sony staff.  This is what this 'expert' ranking gives me - additional forum priviledges.

What I cant do is access Sony's knowledgebases or any additional systems.  I cant fix something that is a system issue. 

I have just sent my contact a follow-up to find out if they know more information about this All4 issue and will post back if/when I get a response that I can post.  But at the moment, that is all I can do i am afraid.

Hopefully this gives you a better understanding. 

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

I received information from Sony informing me that his has been fixed.  Can someone please confirm?

Thank you.

profile.country.GB.title
GarryWASCP
Explorer

Hello, I can confirm this has not been fixed, Tried to watch the F1 highlights yesterday and it started again from the beginning after every advert break. Had to fast forward to just after the advert breaks on each one

profile.country.GB.title
tractor9

Still no fix has been happening with all4 since update to MM. ITV player also plays up at times, sometimes in is OK but unpredictable and no set pattern.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks both :thumbsup:

Back to Sony it goes..... :sob: