Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon lip sync

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

Amazon lip sync

2 years of poor performance from this tv, rubbish updates and again services we pay for are useless on this one device

Lipsync has got even worse with amazon.

Watching american gods and its a good 0.5 seconds out.  All i want is a working tv sony is it really this hard.  Already had one replacement. In a real update why not allow or give the ability to delay sound as its one of your biggest issues

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

ahhh

please pass my thanks, the guy didnt give me a ref number as he said he would email me details. could you possibley grab this for me :slight_smile:

thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

ahh 

please pass my thanks, the guy didnt give me the ref number but said i would get it in an email. nothing has arrived as yet, would you be able to get that by any chance ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Done - when I get the case ref number, ill send you a private message.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

Just checked mail and saw a mail from sony.

Really happy with the outcome, 

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@Kuschelmonschter wrote:

since our tvs have plenty of HW to play smoothly even the highly demanding HEVC/x265 videos.

That's all done by a dedicated video decoder ASIC inside the SoC. Disable HW acceleration in Kodi and you will see how much you can decode via the SoC's CPU :wink: .

Oh no, don't get me wrong.  That's what I meant indeed. The GPU itself is good only to play old Android games. But all the extra HW for the UHD/HDR/upscaling etc. is quite amazing in terms of performances.

Anyway, last night I watched "Amarican God's" (what a weird show!!)  and the performances were quite unusual. It went to UHD resolution in few seconds and pressing volume didn't cause any issue (but I also had just rebooted the television. So there was probably less junk in background).

Another thing I did, but I am not sure if it helped, has been to disable the system sounds (the "beep" when going into settings or similar). It should help a bit in general because those sounds are managed by a Linux "mediaserver" process which starts each time we push a button with sounds associated to an action (thus eating a bit of CPU). Or, since the sound use to play before the graphics showing up, it feels like there is less lagging, at least in the UI.

PS: Nah. Just tested it now that the television has been up some hours, opening various apps. As bad as usual.

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

well.........

all sounded great, nice guy from sony promised to send out a nice shiney TV to replace mine, this was a better spec. (different model)

HOWEVER......

23rd June it turned up without cables, without remote & without PSU, it happens.... Promised by the Delivery guys that someone would be in touch and nothing 3 mails to the guy at Sony and nothing, response to sonys satisfaction survey and nothing, mails to sonys service 3rd party and yep you guessed it nothing.

Bang up job by Sony here..........

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Prior20

Sony should be in contact with you about this.  Let us know how things turn out.  Third times a charm??

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

thanks was contacted later that day, was a bit of an effort to get the accessories and TV to arrive at the same time but finally looks like it will happen.

:slight_smile: