Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Prime network error

profile.country.GB.title
samfly87
New

Amazon Prime network error

Hi all, I just set up my new xbr-55x900e. It's connected via hi-speed (with ethernet) hdmi to denon avr-1611, both ends of the cable are in the ARC-enabled ports on the respective devices.  ARC is enabled on both devices and sound is set to audio system in tv settings. 

Playing YouTube, and some Amazon prime videos the sound is great, passes to the surround system with no issues. However it seems that most Amazon prime videos result in a stuttering, approximately 1Hz pulse of sound at approximately the expected pitch of what should be playing. I think it's a 5.1 pass-through issue, but I'm not sure. Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Have you checked if there is an update for the App?  It might also be worth uninstalling and then reinstalling the app to see if this resolves the issue for you.

If not, it might to get in touch with Amazon for further help.

Let me know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
samfly87
New

I'll try reinstalling. I assumed that a brand new tv would have a clean install but you never know. 

profile.country.GB.title
samfly87
New

So new information. I tried reinstalling to no avail, then on a whim I tried a few other apps.  YouTube plays beautiful audio on several different videos. The Play Video app however has the same stuttering sound.  I'm thinking this has to be some kind of firmware problem since it's clearly passing some sounds, but not others.  Help!??

profile.country.GB.title
samfly87
New

So the solution, after significant digging through the menus was to change the advanced setting from Dolby Digital Plus to Dolby Digital. I don't know the specifics of why it worked, but now the sound works perfectly.