Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Video App - 55XD8599 - First Play Fails

profile.country.GB.title
TK421-
Explorer

Amazon Video App - 55XD8599 - First Play Fails

Hi, I have the Android TV model above and running Marshmallow update.

Everytime I launch the Video, any video i attempt to play for the first time it skips foward by a large amount and fails to run properly. After I cancel it and try again it works fine. This is consistent with SD, HD, UHD content. All videos continue to run ok until I exit and the cycle repeats which is super annoying.

As this isnt a Google Store app I cannot update it and I have factory reset the TV twice but no coconut.

Suggestions of Support Staff comments welcome.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I can also confirm this issue on my XD8577 - unfortuantely I cannot find a fix at the moment.  However i have added this to the bugs and issues list:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2336158#M19530

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
TK421-
Explorer

I dont suppose you have any insight into if/when this bug might ever get fixed?

The Bug list appears to be static ever since I saw it

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/android-tv-bugs-and-issues/td-p/2040020

I have Bugs #31 and 37 and its seriously annoying that Sony dont seem to give a toss about any of these issues.

Even OS updates are seriously slow.

Any insight appreciated.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@TK421- I know you tried a factory reset already, but have you tried just to delete the Amazon Video app's data? Also I know that Amazon and Sony support love to bounce the ball back and forth between them, but this is an app developed by Amazon so I would suggest to report the issue directly to them: 

https://www.primevideo.com/help/contact-us/

More people telling Amazon that their app is a mess, and more chanes we get that it will be fixed in the future.

About issue #31 (TV randomly rebooting), it has been (mostly) fixed in Android 7.0. I had up to 3 or 4 reboot per day with Android 6.0.1. After upgrading to Android 7.0 I can stay weeks without a single reboot.

profile.country.GB.title
TK421-
Explorer

@Jecht_Sin, thanks for the heads up and I will hassle Amazon. My only concern around that however is its not an app that is available via the Play Store (even though Amazon have finally pushed a version there). This version is baked in as a Syatem App or atleast pushed out via Sony so not sure how much control Amazon will have over that ?

On #31 ... again ... I (like many) am at the Mercy of Sony and whenever they feel they want to push the OS update out. but glad to hear your experience has improved vastly, which gives hope.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

so i have just been upgraded to he latest KD-55XE5896, ATV2 and i still get the dosnt play first time problem with amazon, was like this at factory settings & then after the latest update done around 30 mins

on the flip side i noticed just general improved speed going through menus compared to the XD that was replaced

profile.country.GB.title
TK421-
Explorer

Yea .. Menu speed on the XD is poor. Was hoping the Android OS update would improve it but not holding my breath.

In my quest to reduce devices and remote controls I had high hopes for Android TV and especially Sony. I now know it's just not worth investing in "Smart" TV's since ALL the vendors will always focus on Sales of the latest and greatest.

Best to stick to a dumb panel and just get something like a nVidia Sheild device that wil ateast get updates more frequently.