Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Video app outside the UK?

SOLVED
RVleij
New

Amazon Video app outside the UK?

I have a KD65XD8505 and I can't figure out why I can't get the Amazon Video app from the Play store? I know UK users have had this app since a while, since Amazon Video was available in the UK (and some other countries). Was it pre-installed on the TV or did you guys in the UK get it from the Play store?

Nothing is installed on the TV here in Sweden, and I can't get it from the Play store. The app is released for Android phones and iOS. And yes, I can airplay it to the connected AppleTV. But not in 4k. The whole point is to have a native app that supports 4k, like Netflix.

I can't find any info on this and I can't understand why this sort of stuff has to be that hard for customers. 

Anyone got any info?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The app is scheduled to be released in Sweden and other countries at some point on Monday 19th December.  In the meantime please ensure that you are on the latest firmware as it is necessary for your TV.

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The app is scheduled to be released in Sweden and other countries at some point on Monday 19th December.  In the meantime please ensure that you are on the latest firmware as it is necessary for your TV.

Cheers