Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Video App

profile.country.GB.title
mobilyuk

Amazon Video App

Hi all

Trying to watch anything on the Amazon video app on 49xe9005 and I am met with sound but a black screen. What could be causing this?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
finder595
Explorer

I have the same model TV and I experience exactly the same issue every time I use Amazon. 

The work around is to quickly back out (not completely, just back to the menu) before it locks up solidly. 

The second time I load up the film it works 100% of the time. 

If if there is a proper fix for this it would be great to know about!

profile.country.GB.title
mobilyuk

Thanks for the reply.

I resolved it by rebooting the TV. If you long press on the power button the TV will reboot. Hopefully this will work for you.

I'd be interested to know the motion settings you have as there was significant judder when watching Amazon.

profile.country.GB.title
finder595
Explorer

Hi mobilyuk

Thanks for your feedback, alas I'd already tried that but it made no difference.

Never the less, I tried the reboot again, just in case, but no joy.  Everything we watch on Amazon 4K causes massive sound stuttering and no picture, follwed by a lock up if I don't hastily back out to the Amazon menu and then try it again.  It always works the second time, but is a bit jerky in terms of sound and picture for the first 2 minutes or so, particularly if I'm so foolish enough to want to adjust the volume 🙂  It's as though the processor is maxed out displaying the 4K goodness and anything you ask the TV to do, even if it's somethong as simple as adjust the sound level, pushes the TV over the edge. 

In answer to your question, my motion settings are: 

Motionflow = Standard

Smoothness = 3

Clearness = min

Film mode = Medium

profile.country.GB.title
Tufftybob
Explorer

Hi,

I have occasionally had this problem, and also sometimes seeing picture but no sound, as well as some content having 'Polish' subtitles on video that has english audio (not english dubbing over an originally 'foreign' audio, that you might get for a 'french' or 'italian' movie), even if NONE of the content has 'Polish' actors, characters, actually Polish locations, or 'Polish' settings.

Sometimes when I see these 'Polish' subtitles they are placed on top of English subtitles so the English ones can't be read anyway, and I don't know a single word of Polish except maybe 'Solidarnoz' which I think means 'Solidarity'.

Since I use my TV in the UK and I am a UK Amazon Prime Customer it makes no sense to even have 'Polish' subtitles at all never mind on top of English ones.

It is also possible that these 'videos' were seen using the Youtube app on the same Sony TV, rather than the Amazon Video app, but as this Sony TV has so many problems with how the Android software 'works' (more accurately DOESN'T work), as well as Amazon Video having so many issues with 'inaccurate info, misspelled words, poor English grammar & punctuation, AND info completely missing altogether, that forms part of the 'on screen displayed info including the synopsis of the content' as well as 'app developer names & descriptions' and tv/movie synopses being in foreign languages (chinese, german, russian, norwegian) it is no wonder I can't be accurate about WHERE I saw the Polish subtitles on top of English subtitles on English language videos, and so I am bot suprised at all these 'errors' or 'designs decided by morons'.

The on screen info problems happen exactly the same in BOTH the Amazon Video app on smart tv's (Sony & Samsung) AND on their Fire TV devices connected to the same tv's, so I blame Sony AND Google AND Amazon for this fiasco.

Blessings & Peace to all

Bob

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

About six weeks ago I have opened a call with Amazon about the audio stuttering and (finally!) yesterday I have received an email from Amazon stating the both Amazon and Sony are looking into the issue. Hopefully that's true, because sometime it is simply unwatchable. Last night it was different, though. After the few problems at the beginning of a video I didn't have any issue at all for half an hour. Then it started again. I skipped back a bit and it was fine for some time again.

Still, there are reports from other users that Amazon said they have the update ready and they are just waiting.. for Sony to update Android TV to have it included (another user said that a Sony manager told him that a new "firmware" update will be out before end of December).