Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Video Lipsync creep on KD-43XD8088 latest firmware

profile.country.GB.title
arpwarden
Explorer

Amazon Video Lipsync creep on KD-43XD8088 latest firmware

I've only had the TV for a couple of weeks and only really has time to sit down and watch much stuff the last couple of days but I have noticed a really horrible problem with the Amazon Video app.

When watching certain things the lipsync creeps in and out of sync by as much as half a second, it can start off ok then slowly creep out then next scene seem ok for a bit then crrep again. This is occuring through the inbuilt TV speakers and my Yamaha RX-V477 attached via ARC, it doesn't matter which sound output I use.

The worst culprits I have noticed it on are Grand Tour Episodes 1,2 & 3 in HDR, Vikings Series 4 Part 2 Episodes 1 & 2 (1080 output), Lucifer Series 2 Episode 10 (Also 1080 output, I haven't checked other episodes yet). Other material so far does it to a lesser extent and some not at all.

As a check if I watch the items listed above via an Amazon Fire TV 2 attached to the TV by one of its HDMI sockets and sound passed by ARC to the Amp there is not a single lipsync issue and all plays perfectly when listening via the Amp or the TV inbuilt speakers.

The Netflix app has no problem what so ever and I have not noticed a problem with any other video playing apps available through Android TV in the UK.

It's extremely annoying and has forced me to reattach my Fire TV box which I wanted to do away with and also means I can't take advantage of the Amazon HDR content as the Fire TV 2 will never be able to do HDR since it only has an HDMI 1.4 socket.

My network has been fully tested and is currently fast and stable and my broadband is 150Mbps and extremely stable. I have the Television attache via wired rather than wireless to the network.

To emphasise it does not matter if I am listening via the TV speakers or the amplifier the problem is the same for both, The sync creeps in and out by a varying degree. This is not an AV setup issue.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have a read of this thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/amazon-prime-lip-sync-problems/m-p/2256442

It seems an Amazon issue and may need to be reported to them?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
arpwarden
Explorer

Yes, I did see that thread but it was marked as solved when it blatanty is not as the the post marked as the solution is absolutely nothing of the sort. :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
arpwarden
Explorer

Does anybody know how to raise a support ticket with Amazon UK about problems the with  the app and the streams I've discovered it on so far. It seems like it's impossible to do as far as I can see.

I have already raised a ticket with Sony support.

profile.country.GB.title
BrockChis
Explorer

I have this problem too.