Join now - be part of our community!

Analogue

profile.country.GB.title
SonyYouViewIsSHIT
New

Analogue

So in order to get ITV Player etc I have to turn on YouView. 

Fine. So how the **** do i then select my analogue channel? I know it is there because I can change what it is called in settings but i cannot select the ******* thing.

I have to disable YOUVIEW (Oh how i wish i could make that permanent) to watch the analogue channel but ehn i have to reenable the piece of **** in order to see ITV Player.

Sort this out SONY.  This is PATHETIC. 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

All analogue TV was turned off in the United Kingdom on or before 24 October 2012.

So you won’t get any analogue channels now.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
SonyYouViewIsSHIT
New

I have analogue transmissions, as do many others.

My Sky is actually analogue since my Home is wired in CoAx and not Cat5.
my security camera is Analogue.

Furthermore the Sony TV is equipped with Analogue which works perfectly well unless you switch on the piece of CRAP that is YOUVIEW.   That would be fine because who needs it, BUT, and they did not make this clear when i bought it, you cannot watch catch up (except BBC) without using YOUVIEW. 

For anyone else who HATES this here is my workaround. Switch to analogue mode then Switch on the YOUVIEW. In HOME make sure you have the TV bar switched on. The Analogue channel will move down the list but stay there until you have selected 13 channels on digital.   Every 6 or so times you have changed channels on digital, flick to Analogue, this will bring it back to the top of the queue.   If you lose it shut down YouView and repeat as above. 
Its a bit painful but keeps your analogue access. 

Why they can't incorporate it I don't know. Why have a feature then cut it off with software?

Anyway good luck Analogueists