Join now - be part of our community!

And Again wifi issues & general Slowness

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

And Again wifi issues & general Slowness

SIGH............

every 60 seconds or so i get wifi disconnected again, and TV seems to have the respose of a snail.  takes a good 30-60 seconds to do anything when first turned on. Amazin is still broken, youtube support suddenly dwindled.

Ive just had enough now. my £150 tv FAR FAR out performs this supposed top of the line heap on JUNK.....

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

IN regards to Wifi - have you tried changing the Wifi channel in your router settings?

Failing that - are you using the 5GHz band or 2.4GHz?  If using the 5GHz, try testing on the 2.4Ghz Wifi frequency.

A reboot of the TV every now and then helps in the general slowness.  Agree the Amazon and YouTube apps need improvements - but its up to them to do so.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

I'm not sure if I posted to a similar thread of yours already. There have been a few about WiFi issues lately. Anyway..

I'd suggest to clear the Android cache. Something like: Settings/Memory/Internal Memory/CacheThen confirm with OK that you want to delete the cache. Also try to turn the TV off and unplug it for few seconds (10s would do). That should help with the general slowness (and maybe with the WiFi as well. I doubt it though).

Regarding the WiFi try to reboot the router. Also check if any router FW update is available. And resetting the router to factory settings may help. Also, if the router supports it, try putting the TV in the DMZ (DeMilitarized Zone). It did fix an issue I had with the PS4 disconnecting because of my router's crappy FW (I know. Different router and different device. But it's worth to give it a shot).

Then, as @Anonymous mentioned, YouTube and Amazon Video are developed by Google and Amazon rispectively. We can only wait (and hope!) they'll fix/improve them. Especially Amazon Video is a mess. I thought it had got improved "under the hood" (and few things did change at UI level), it was actually performing better in general, but now it's back to its old bad habits. Well, maybe it is slightly better, but still at an unsatisfactory level.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jecht_Sin

Although the DMZ is good for South Korea and DPRK - I am not sure that putting the TV in the DMZ is a wise idea.  It opens up the TV (or any devices in the DMZ) to potential security risks as im sure you are aware of.  Maybe for short term testing.  If it works in the DMZ, then its a router configuration issue.

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

resorted back to cabled, what i dont understand is why after a period of no issue does this occur & only with the TV  Happend on my last 2 sets also.  Just time for Sony to pull its finger out with issues like this.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@Anonymous Well, sure. In the DMZ a device shows the open TCP/IP ports to the outside world. But we are talking about an Android TV (or a PS4), there is little to nothing running as an IP service. Also consider that there really isn't much critical data in it (just the Google and Sony's accounts). Plus what's in the SD card(s), internal and external. But those must be shared by a file manager, and usually they are resticted to LAN access.

Unless someone believes Felicity Smoak in Flash or Caleb/Mona in Pretty Little Liars (yeah.. I know. But I like the babes in there!! :heart_eyes:) have any chance to be for real (hint: no way! It's total garbage. Especially the super hacking they often do via BlueTooth. I can't stand that junk), the probability that one can hack a TV via TCP/IP is one over a million. Probably one over a billion if not impossible at all (my option). Even if abd is enabled (the most dangerous tool), it uses  a secure connection, that must be authorized by us in the television, like with SSH. But sure, one would be more exposed to Denial of Services attacks..

Still, we have much higher chances that someone will knock our head and steal the wallet and mobile phone (and THAT's dangerous!)... My PS4 has been in DMZ for months now, and I am not worried at all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Prior20

I believe you have the XD8599.  I have the XD8577 and experiencing many issues with Wi-Fi on the 5GHz band.  Hence my reply above.  I also am using an ethernet cable.  I think its simply crap implementation of Wifi and hope that another FW update will fix it.  The 3.885 update certainly ruined it though. 

Cheers

PS: @Jecht_Sin - I understand what you are saying.  As previously you mentioned crap FW for your router - hence your reason of the DMZ for PS4.