Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
kutufluix
Explorer

Hello,

i have downloaded the .pkg file and copied it to a USB drive. however each time i connect the usb drive to the TV it only showes the "view images/movies" window. its like its not detecting the .pkg file at all.

Do i need to format the USB in any specific filesystem?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kutufluix wrote:

Hello,

i have downloaded the .pkg file and copied it to a USB drive. however each time i connect the usb drive to the TV it only showes the "view images/movies" window. its like its not detecting the .pkg file at all.

Do i need to format the USB in any specific filesystem?

Thanks!

Hi there

Suggest trying another USB drive if you have one - Formatted to FAT32 and when copying the .pkg file, ensure its not placed in a folder. 

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

Hi Quinnicus. Can you report that the video app isn't showing widescreen correctly? It stretches widescreen vertically by about ten percent (see my earlier post) Thanks very much. 

kutufluix
Explorer

FAT32 worked thanks :slight_smile:

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

@Anonymous

Thanks for reminding me to give a wider description. As a software debugger, I should have been more thorough. 

1. It is happening with all the channels in my favourite list.

2. There is no difference between HD and SD

3. DVB/T/2

It looks like there is the normal info banner and a new one, a favourite info banner. If I'm in the favourite list, the new banner is on top. If I press the info button it shows single, old type of extended banner.

Outside the favourite list there is only the old banner.

When I noticed this, first thing was a factory reset, but no help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all

If you are experiencing the Amber/Green Blinking LED lights - a break-away thread has been created.  Please see:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/master-thread-marshmallow-update-amber-green-blinking-led...

@vick18 - I have moved your post to this thread too. 

Cheers

PS: At current, there is no fix as far as I am aware.

profile.country.GB.title
graallen
Explorer

Hi, i installed the update yesterday. Did you unzip the downloaded file before copying it the USB drive? The instructions miss that part out 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@graallen wrote:

Hi, i installed the update yesterday. Did you unzip the downloaded file before copying it the USB drive? The instructions miss that part out 🙂

Hi Graallen

Yes, unzip the file you have downloaded and then copy the .pkg file to the root of the USB drive.  It is in the instructions (Number 3 I think) :slight_smile:

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Sanjo1975
Explorer

Hi Marcd51 I read your post although I have had no issues with the update I notice you advise a factory reset after an update. As I have never needed to do this can you tell me how do you actualy do a factory reset and what info do you loose  i.e. will I have to re tune my satalite tuner , will i have to re install the apps I downloaded etc.

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djmickey83 wrote:

@Anonymous

Thanks for reminding me to give a wider description. As a software debugger, I should have been more thorough. 

@djmickey83 - I have reported the double overlay of info banners to Sony. 

You should know better being a software debugger!!  ROFL :grin:  💾