Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@Marcd51

Check your z5 or taptalk or whatever.. Every post in the last few days is doubled.

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hi Thanks for heads up. I also had been getting double posts from other users in my inbox recently as well.

I have deleted my self from this thread should clear it up. And re-subscried my self to this thread. 

I reply via email as its easier than login into the main forum all the time using my mobile. 

Also anyone else still getting judder issues with Amazon app after this update . I'm getting back to Sony UK tech support next week with some extra info for them. 

Otherwise TV working realy well.. Now 

profile.country.RO.title
alineduard2001

Useless update, ..same as last one (february)!

2 BIG  minuses for me (comparative android 5):

-3 D movies only stock player allowed :((

-still impossible to write( edit,delete..etc) filles  in external storage..( this may be possible with some app but is a bit complicated )

So, if someone really aprecieted this things before : 

DO NOT MAKE THIS UPGRADE!

profile.country.RS.title
bbrks011

Meaning, if you don't like it, no one should do it......forgive me, but that is not exactly the right attitude :slight_smile:

ultrablob
Explorer

I have KD-55XD9305 and everything went fine upgrading via USB.

Both Netflix and Youtube has the option for 3D, haven't seen other apps with the 3D option, anyways I don't care about 3D.

I have a 2TB external Hard-Drive connected to the USB3 port in my TV, copying files from my NAS to the USB3 connected drive works just fine with Total Commander, copied 35GB to it.

You have to format the drive you have connected to your TV as Internal Storage and then select to/let Android copy/backup data to it to work correctly as internal storage othervise you won't be able to copy files to it.

Forgot to mension that I Factory Reseted my TV after I upgraded.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

Im a little confused about the chatter about 3D.  Can someone please confirm if this is still the case or has it been fixed - see details in link:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2308279#M17685

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

The old bugs have started again. My TV is a 75X9405

Half the time I can't change HDMI with out holding the standby button so it resets.

It resets it's self. I put the TV in standby and about 40 seconds later the TV done a restart!

And most of the time I can't get it to come out of standby :smirk:

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi guys

Im a little confused about the chatter about 3D.  Can someone please confirm if this is still the case or has it been fixed - see details in link:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2308279#M17685

Thanks

I have a Qnap nas with Kodi installed and conected via HDMI and the 3D opton comes up and works.

But you have to wait a bit and use the left button on teh remote to see it.

profile.country.RO.title
alineduard2001

@ultrablob wrote:

and then select to/let Android copy/backup data to it to work correctly as internal storage othervise you won't be able to copy files to it.

Ok,ty

But how you do that?

I do not see this option.I have W808C.

ultrablob
Explorer

@alineduard2001 wrote:

Ok,ty

But how you do that?

I do not see this option.I have W808C.

For me on my 55XD9305 Android asked after I formated my hard drive as internal storage if I want copy/back up data to it, the message popped up automatically. After it finished I could copy files to my external hard drive.