Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

profile.country.GB.title
Tarpii

I'm waiting for the automatic download to reach me, but appreciate you guys feeding back so soon.

Front and centre of the email from Sony was a 'revamped Home Screen'. How are you finding that? Do I still have to use 'Featured Apps' to launch iPlayer?

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

it's worthless because it's not exactly what it should be. API23 supports DTS passthrough and that clerly does not work here.

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Soundizer wrote:

Has Sony Support advised we should do a factory reset after installing new firmware?

Nobody is forcing you to reset, but if you don't there is a 99% chance you will run in to issues such as crashes, lockups and apps and features not working as they should.

profile.country.GB.title
Soundizer
Explorer

To do a factory reset should we select FACTORY DATA RESET in STORAGE & RESET?

Holiergrail
Explorer

Boot loop also here with KDL-55W809C

Is there a key combination to perform the factory reset when android is not booting up?

profile.country.GB.title
chrisc383

@kinggo01 wrote:

it's worthless because it's not exactly what it should be. API23 supports DTS passthrough and that clerly does not work here.

I'm not sure what are you on about. I have XD93 with Android 5.1 and DTS passthrough works perfectly ok when playing through SPMC, via HDMI ARC to external Denon amplifier.

If you mean DTS HD - it will not work because of ARC limitations, not because of API level.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Holiergrail wrote:

Boot loop also here with KDL-55W809C

Is there a key combination to perform the factory reset when android is not booting up?

@Holiergrail - please describe with more info?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sirteuk wrote:

After my android 6 update my TV is now stuck in bootloop for the last 2 hours. Any help would be appreciated.

@sirteuk - please describe?

profile.country.GB.title
sirteuk
Explorer

Updated via the Internet downloaded the file ok, the selected update, now bootloop