Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.GB.title
Soundizer
Explorer

On the positive side atleast my HDMI ARC issues have been fixed. And audio from HDMI OUT via ARC for Dolby Digital 5.1 and PCM Stereo is remarkably good. Connected to a new £1200 Bose system. 

Also this is a great TV for Headphone output and i think they put in a decent headphone DAC. 

xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

I brought up the picture settings with YouTube on, adjusted my settings, when I was done I pressed the back button. Everything OK. Out of curiosity, I tried the same again, but to exit I pressed the action button twice like you tried, and the YouTube video still carried on as normal and the settings disappeared like they should.  Are you sure you didn't accidentally hit the home button or something? 

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Wow, huge difference with this update. Input lag is substantially reduced. Auto picture mode works again. HDR seems brighter, possible more power going to screen? Much smoother all round, but to be on safe side I am factory resetting to make any gremlins are ironed out.

Latgalec68
Explorer

The indicator long blinked orange and green, red has lit up then. Sony KDL-43W755C manufacture Slovakia 2016/11.

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

@Latgalec68 wrote:

The indicator long blinked orange and green, red has lit up then. Sony KDL-43W755C manufacture Slovakia 2016/11.

same problem as mine ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq6ecr6ziV0

profile.country.GB.title
Snaeem155
Explorer

75XD9405 here.

Updated this morning and now alongside my random crashes and reboots, the wifi constantly drops out which never happened before.

What the actual hell.

An utter joke of a tv.

Never buying Sony tv's ever again.

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Snaeem155 wrote:

75XD9405 here.

Updated this morning and now alongside my random crashes and reboots, the wifi constantly drops out which never happened before.

What the actual hell.

An utter joke of a tv.

Never buying Sony tv's ever again.

I natuarlly assume you did a factory reset before coming on here?

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@HUSH2H

Try removing every connection usb hdmi scart aerial-sat from your TV.

Unplug from mains for a few minutes.

Replug AC mains without the USB flash that contains the .pkg in USB port.

When Green-Amber starts blinking inset the USB flash with .pkg and check if led becomes White.

If yes wait 20-30 minutes for self reboot or Power OFF.

The error is related to main board and TCON - Panel recognition.

When my set has been in standby for a few hours or so, I'm not getting any sound from my reciever. The TV sends a signal to the reciever to turn on, but the reciever doesnt recieve a audio-signal after that (force shutdown on tv is needed)... Had the exact same (periodic) issue on 5.1.1

profile.country.GB.title
Sanjo1975
Explorer

Have to agree with RiscOn my picture seems brighter and sharper and smoother all round