Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

• All frequencies can now be output from the SWF-BR100 Wireless Subwoofer

Why in the blue hell would you do that?

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Anonymous - Looks like they have fixed auto picture mode?

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Users that perform the USB Update must be very carefull about their region file and of course about the TV model.

They must also be sure that there is enough disk space on their TV set because the .pkg file, even if in USB, this is also copied to TVs internal storage.

Try log off every account other than Google and uninstall all apps that are user installed .

Goto Settings - Storage & reset - Storage - Cached data - Clear cached data - OK

Reboot and wait for more than one minute touching nothing on remote.

Insert the USB on USB3.0 Port. TV starts copying the file to internal storage and then perfoms the Update for about 35 minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Risc0n wrote:

@Anonymous - Looks like they have fixed auto picture mode?

Until this community confirms.....  🙂 

profile.country.GB.title
nospamjl

So disappointed that the EPG is still the terrible same.

And that the you view is still not able to show additional  channels above 800 has not been fixed meaning you view is useless for me. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nospamjl wrote:

So disappointed that the EPG is still the terrible same.

And that the you view is still not able to show additional  channels above 800 has not been fixed meaning you view is useless for me. 

@nospamjl

See PDF attached for freeview channel numbers.  If you have chaanels in the 800+ range, then you have a problem with your aerial - probably picking up multiple signals from multiple transmitters

See:

http://www.tvanswers.org.uk/answers/freeview-channels-numbered-800-onwards.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/receptionsearch

Cheers

Same EPG, same settings UI, same menu UI (looks exactly as 5.1.1) no audio-passthrough or 3D in apps - or more specific: PLEX (still transcodes even though i've enabled passthrough in the plex app) and still bad lip-sync and humming/screeching sounds when enabling passthrough in KODI. Shockingly, the stock "Sony Video" app still cant play/passthrough DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD sound... cant say I'm pleased!

I resat my tv before installing the update, resat after and restarted several times after all updates from Play Store - but at least the overall speed in menus is better and no blinking/missing sound when entering EPG and a volume bar that doesnt fit 1/5 of the screen

profile.country.GB.title
nospamjl

Hi Quinnicus

I intentionally want to pickup 800+ channels, my aerial is fine and I can get full functionality wit the awful standard EPG.  My humax box upstairs works fine it's just Sony's youview implementation is bugged. Always has been. 

profile.country.GB.title
chrisc383

Is there anyone who could check Kodi/SPMC - if and how it works, especially with passthrough DD and DTS sound via HDMI ARC to external amplifier?

I've seen downgrade is not possible, so it's one way ticket.