Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.GB.title
fether
Explorer

ever time i try and download new firmware for my KD-55X8509C on my pc i keep getting network error can any 1 help

kind regards

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

@fether wrote:

ever time i try and download new firmware for my KD-55X8509C on my pc i keep getting network error can any 1 help

kind regards

that sounds like a problem with your pc or internet connection

you can use a download manager that can resume downloads like https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

profile.country.GB.title
fether
Explorer

its not my internet i think it must be there website will try that anyway thanx

regards

fether

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Soundizer wrote:

I am waiting for Sony to call me back as i would like to know if factory reset is advised. It will mean having to re set all picture mode settings and more. Rather time consuming. 

Factory Reset is advised after, not before, the update.

So make the update, and if you find it problem-free, carry on without the Factory Reset, unless or until you get a problem that it solves.

At which point, you will know it is worthwhile.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

Intrigued that this is only on website distribution at present, I suspect USB updaters are being used as guinea pigs before the version is released to direct to receiver internet distribution. 

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

it's actually available as on over the air update via the tv itself. That's how I got it. . I think most people have downloaded it that way. So far there seems to be relatively few problems in general

profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

I must be still queued then. 

profile.country.GB.title
bemaniac84

I've done a factory reset but still every single time I switch input a background app or part of android crashes and displays an error message. I find the picture settings menus faster however but other than that this doesn't seem to do too much for my tv. 

profile.country.GB.title
The_Notorious
Explorer

558509C here and nothing over air yet. Would rather install that way instead on a USB.

profile.country.GB.title
Snaeem155
Explorer

Alongside my crashes, random reboots and wifi dropping I now have 2 new issues.

When casting rom my phone to the tv I get no picture only sound. Quitting casting crashes the tv requiring a restart.

And if I change source from Sky Q to Ps4 and then want to go back to Sky Q the tv doesnt detect a signal until I restart it.

I will do a factory reset tonight but what an utter joke.